25-30 Tautogs at CHSP - Oct 15, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25-30 Tautogs at CHSP - Oct 15, 2016

I couldn't believe there were only 4 kayakers on calm Saturday, Oct 15, 2016. I caught 25 - 30 tautogs at the Inner Wall.
    I checked. Everyone had only one keeper tog at 17-18 ".

Water Temp : 59 - 64 F.
    We were wearing waders because of the cold air temp, 45 - 65 F

It will be a blast next weekend.

Fishing Log:

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Way to catch em Joe. There were probably no kayakers there because that place has stunk for the past few years!
    Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Do you ever keep the eels?

I want to keep one for the smoker but haven't caught one in years now. Not that I'm targeting them or anything.
      Brian

Comment

Nice! Winds for next weekend so far look terrible. I'm hoping that will change!
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post

I want to keep one for the smoker but haven't caught one in years now. Not that I'm targeting them or anything.
          No. Eels intimidate me.

Joe
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Are you definitely fishing this weekend ? I'm going to be down in Lewes but with the wind I was thinking of leaving the yak home.

Comment

Nice Joe! I fished there Thursday and caught many shorts and huge toad fish... The biggest I could manage was only 14.5" Hopefully it gets better
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

a friend reported to me Sheepheads and Tautog at the Indian River Inlet last week....

Comment

Ryan,
                  I think togs started biting. I was fishing in very shallow water. But the three new cracks I caught togs were very narrow and deep (2.5 -3.5' deep). I gave up about 12 rigs because I couldn't bring the togs out of the crack. The togs I couldn't pull out of the cracks were big.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by rob-kayak View Post
                    a friend reported to me Sheepheads and Tautog at the Indian River Inlet last week....
                    Sheepshead in IRI? The water must be warm still.

Regarding Top water temp at CHSP (my record):
                    Oct 21, 2015 - 54-58F
                    Nov 2, 2014 - 60F

The water temp usually dropped by 3-4 F a week this time a year. So I think the water temp at CHSP on Oct 22 will be 56 -61 F which is good for togging.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post

I kept a conger eel I caught once while tog fishing, if memory serves it has a lot of good solid white meat. I would keep one if I had the chance to again. Might actually see if I cant get some fishing in this weekend
                      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Working...
                      X