St. Jerome's at dawn, 10/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Jerome's at dawn, 10/17

Ron and I hit the water right around 0630 and headed straight to the creek mouth to see the sunrise. Seconds later, Ron began his topwater clinic. Most of mine were 18-19 inches long and kind of skinny. Ron found a nicer grade of fish. Here's my biggest, 20.25", which I took a photo of when there was more light:

The bite slowed considerably as the tide slowed and the sun came up, but there was still some action at the mouth. Gary (can't remember his screen name) joined us, too, and started trolling in the area. Since things were slower, I headed out front to see if I could find more fish. I did:

That little guy hit a 4" X-Rap.

After that, I went back in and switched to Gulp because Ron found some redfish. I didn't find any reds, but I found a 15" and 14" flounder. Here's the smaller one:

I got a new camera, and I still don't have it dialed in yet.

I also caught a nice needlefish, but forgot to take a pic. That made 4 species for me. Combined with Ron, I think we caught 6 or 7 species, which was cool.

That was pretty much the end of the action for me. John (whenican) joined us a bit before we headed in around 11. Hopefully, the bite continued for him.

Here's Ron in his new ride:

Gary trolling:

The pics I had of John are blurry (see aforementioned dialing in of the camera).

It was an awesome day on the water and a lot of fun fishing with everyone. Definitely worth getting up early on my day off.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Awes8me morning......
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys, it's was a blast. The weather was great too. Great pictures too Bill.

Gary-Yak67
      2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Working...
      X