Lower bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower bay

I was set to join Ron Ault today in the lower Bay Area. He was launching from a different spot than me when over the radio I heard him calling. Apparently his steering cable was caught on one of the rigging plates and he couldn't steer. I considered not going out in the face of the stiff north wind but decided, "Hey, I'm here, might as well give it a go."

My first fish was a surprise.

After that I picked up a couple of 18" fish but it was more random pickups than any pattern. Fortunately JJ, who I had not met before came pedaling into the area.

He found a spot and for the next hour it was mayhem as we caught 18-22" fish as fast as we could cast. Top water, tail spinners, paddle tails, heck a gummy worm could have worked. We both had two keepers in the box by the time the bite slowed with the tide. It was the kind of afternoon that will carry me through the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

BigMike, it was fun fishing with you last night. Looking forward to fishing again.

Comment

Well done sir!
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

There are a few nice specks roaming the Patuxent River. This was caught by a friend I was fishing with on Wednesday. 4 pounder.DSC00941.jpg

Comment

That's a fat speck! Went back out to the same spot this morning. Action was just as hot. Watching your top water bait fly 2-3 feet in the air as the fish swipe at it is almost more fun than catching them.
          Mike
          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

That's a fatty
            Michael
            Washington, DC
            Hobie Outback

Comment

Sounds good I'll probably head out there this afternoon

Comment

I have made plans with the wife today, Mike- but I will be there Monday morning bright and early- got the boat all fixed and ready to rock and roll...
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Jayj, have you fished off our beach lately?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksoncuda12 View Post
                    There are a few nice specks roaming the Patuxent River. This was caught by a friend I was fishing with on Wednesday. 4 pounder.[ATTACH=CONFIG]20250[/ATTACH]
                    I caught my biggest (personal best) speckled trout at Kitts Point three years ago- 28.5 inches on a home-made "Redfish Magic"- a gold colorado blade spinner with 1/4 oz. red jighead and a 4 inch Sea Assassin white body with chartreuse tail- caught a half dozen or so redfish that day, too...that was when the redfish were plentiful in the Bay...before the massive fish kill winter...and I think the reason we are seeing fish rebound so quickly is the slot size regulations saving the big breeders- all the big redfish are protected- and throwing back 13 inch specks let's them reproduce...
                    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 10-16-2016, 10:03 AM.
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                    X