Jonas Green no Weems 10/11/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Green no Weems 10/11/16

Hey all. Meant to post earlier this week but got kinda busy.

I launched out of Jonas Green on Tuesday at 6:45 and was definitely a calmer day than my first attempt. I trolled out to the mouth of the Severn and covered all of the northern shore and covered a lot of the mouth and channel but only caught 2 dinks. As I was turning to return and cross to the southern shore the fog/steam started rolling in with a vengeance. I was totally restricted to the northern shore due to a northerly wind pushing all of the fog to the southern shore so I just trolled the same unproductive shore to Manresa and then back to Jonas Green, with only 1 more dink. I really wanted to hit Weems Creek that day but better safe than sorry. I plan on returning to the lower portion to find out for myself but just thought I'd ask about how productive Weems has been lately. Thanks in advance.

Weems was productive two weeks ago. During the past week, the stripers and bait that were all over the creek have not shown themselves -- I suspect they left the creek and are in the river or bay now. There are probably some stripers left in Weems, but not in huge numbers. As the perch are in the process of leaving the creeks for deeper water, Weems will set up as primarily a pickerel fishery until next May.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      Weems was productive two weeks ago. During the past week, the stripers and bait that were all over the creek have not shown themselves -- I suspect they left the creek and are in the river or bay now. There are probably some stripers left in Weems, but not in huge numbers. As the perch are in the process of leaving the creeks for deeper water, Weems will set up as primarily a pickerel fishery until next May.
      Thanks John. That's what I'm seeing in parts of the upper Severn as well. Hopefully they're not leaving the river yet.

Comment

Thanks for the report. I think I'll be going out from Ft Smallwood in the morning.
        2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

I caught a 20" and an 18" on Thursday but it was definitely very quite compared to the past couple weeks as John mentioned, when bunker were splashing everywhere and you could catch a dozen rock with little effort.
          Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

It's a bit late but just downloaded this pic from the foggy morning that restricted me from going into Weems Creek. It was quite an awesome sight.

Comment

Working...
            X