See you at 7:15, hope we get into them!
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by J. Rentch View Post
        See you at 7:15, hope we get into them!
        No, no...Only one 25 inch fish for you per week.

You can come but you must agree to shake the big ones off so that others can catch them.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I think I'll join you guys in the morning.
          Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Originally posted by Crotalus View Post
            I think I'll join you guys in the morning.
            Great, see you then!
            Harry

Comment

Wish I could get the day off to go with you guys. Could you please post any pics and fish reports. Thinking of going on Saturday. Thanks
              2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

I am heading out tomorrow after work. If you don't mind posting what pattern seemed to work I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
                  I am heading out tomorrow after work. If you don't mind posting what pattern seemed to work I'd appreciate it.
                  I wish I could give you a good pattern but I cannot because I had a tough day.

I didn't troll. I tossed a flyrod and a spinning rod and picked up only one striper in 4 hours of fishing.

P1020247.jpg

I got it on a perch spinner in one of the Severn's tribs.

The other guys had more success. However, we fished opposite ends and opposite sides of the river. I was a lone wolf today and I chose poorly. I should have stayed with them.

I can tell you this:

Uprooted grass was prevalent in the big river.

Also, there was a significant oil spill between the Number 2 Channel Marker and the Route 50 Bridge. I could smell it and see it. It covered a lot of water.

It's days like this that remind me that I catch fish only when the fish allow me to catch them. I'm totally at their mercy.

I hope your fortunes tomorrow are better than mine were today.
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                  Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

As Mark noted, there was a large amount of filamentous plant debris floating in the water. I had to check my lines frequently and often found grass fouling the hooks. The bite between 7:30 and 9:30 was lousy. I covered a lot of ground from Jonas Green to the river mouth and had just two dinks to show for my effort (I did get a good upper-body workout from all the paddling, so it was not a total waste).
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis
                    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Yep, a slow morning here as well. I fished until 12:45 and caught only 9 rock and 2 perch. I went to the mouth of the Severn with most of the other folks, there was a heavy fog.

IMG_20161013_075633476.jpg

It started ok with a 19" fish on just before I got to the David Taylor building.

IMG_20161013_071829341.jpg

Not far beyond that I saw a small school on the FF and caught a 16" followed by a 13". A little further out there were lots of marks in 20' of water so I dropped down to jig and snagged a small perch.

IMG_20161013_080023548.jpg

I ended up catching 3 more 13-14" fish before deciding to troll all the way back up to Weems. Not a single fish on the way there and the creek looked pretty dead compared to the last week or so when the bunker were everywhere. I trolled through and did mark a few small schools of bait. Eventually my rod went down and I pulled in a 20 incher. Caught an 18" fish not too long after but it was definitely slow in the creek. On the way back I threw a spinner to the docks between Manresa and Jonas and didn't catch a single perch (lots of fish there this summer). Perhaps all the marks out near the mouth were perch that have now left their shallow summer haunts. (I had one more ~13" rock in shallow near Manresa if anyone is checking my math)
                      Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

I was out tonight after work. Got into two schools, one teens sized fish and the other just a bunch of 10 inches. I did manage to get my first double with the small fish

Comment

Question, what Lbs Test leader are you guys using?? I have 65 Lbs braid with a 50 Lbs mono leader. This is what I use when I go after cats. Thanks
                          2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Originally posted by Steve6902 View Post
                            Question, what Lbs Test leader are you guys using?? I have 65 Lbs braid with a 50 Lbs mono leader. This is what I use when I go after cats. Thanks
                            I use 40lb braid with a 30lb leader.

Desert Camo- Moken 14
                            Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

I have 15 flouro on my rods

Comment

Working...
                              X