Ft. Smallwood M&G (8 October) Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Smallwood M&G (8 October) Photos

I couldn't launch today but I was there at the start to see a huge flotilla hit the water. It was a great turnout.

Here is Harbormaster Harry supervising the launches:

P1020212.jpg

There was lots of activity as participants unloaded and readied their boats:

P1020211.jpg P1020214.jpg P1020216.jpg P1020220.jpg P1020223.jpg

Then it was to the launch:

P1020224.jpg P1020229.jpg P1020236.jpg P1020217.jpg

I'll continue with more shots via a second posting...
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Here are a few shots taken from the shoreline as the anglers headed away from the launch:

P1020227.jpg P1020230.jpg P1020233.jpg P1020235.jpg P1020240.jpg

Even though I couldn't get out today, I tossed a popper from the rocks that line the park's shoreline.

I picked up two little stripers on surface hits just learning their trade. Here's the first one to hit the popper:

P1020239.jpg

I got a third one the same size by casting a paddletail.

Nothing to brag about but I avoided the skunk even if I couldn't join the crowd on the water.

I'll head to Fifer's shortly for the lunch where I'm looking forward to hearing how well everyone did.

Thanks to all for attending today's M&G.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Great pictures Mark, glad you had such a great turnout! Enjoy yourself
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

My rig all set up ready for a day trolling the river. Today went great, but no keepers for me but was on A LOT of fish. I stopped counting after 20. All of which were hooked on a 3/8th oz jig with a Zman paddle tail. My largest fish for the day went 17".

I had the most success after chasing after the birds that were working bait schools. As long as you marked the school and moved with them you were ALWAYS hooked up with something. The only issue I ran into...if you want to call it that, was marking larger fish in 13-15ft of water and not being able to get the jigs down fast enough to miss the smaller fish. All in all it was a great day fishing with everybody!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Desert Camo- Moken 14
        Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

Good time. Thank you Harry & Mark. A few more pics DSC_4617.jpg DSC_4618.jpg DSC_4619.jpg DSC_4620.jpg DSC_4621.jpg DSC_4626.jpg DSC_4628.jpg DSC_4638.jpg DSC_4640.jpg DSC_4641.jpg
          Last edited by daddyg; 10-08-2016, 07:43 PM.
          Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
          Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

IMG_20161008_070139.jpg

Beautiful sunrise today. Very thankful to Victor, I escaped with only a bruised ego and loss of sunglasses and filet knife.

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Glad you caught fish man! No idea you'd be at this M&G. I see you've joined the zman crowd, you'll be glad you did. I've gotten a few keepers on that 4" size, but most of my keepers have been on the 1/2oz jighead and 5" grass kicker paddletail, in the opening night color.

Comment

My post above was meant as a reply to Fishmoken, don't know why it didn't quote his response. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                  Glad you caught fish man! No idea you'd be at this M&G. I see you've joined the zman crowd, you'll be glad you did. I've gotten a few keepers on that 4" size, but most of my keepers have been on the 1/2oz jighead and 5" grass kicker paddletail, in the opening night color.
                  Yeah man it was kind of a last minute call. I'm really glad I did. The more time I can get on the water the better. Might try out Jonas on Saturday. As far as the zman I'm really impressed with everything about the baits. But you are right, my next order will be for some larger paddle tails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Desert Camo- Moken 14
                  Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

Working...
                  X