First Keeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Keeper

I launched at Tucker St. at sunrise on Sunday and hooked up right away. This fish turned out to be my first keeper-sized rock from the kayak. I went on to catch about two dozen rock, with two keepers, and six perch. All in all it was a great day. Thanks again to all who have posted information here, it was nice to meet a couple of you on the water Sunday.

image.jpg
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Congrats Rugbyfish, glad you were able to land a few keepers. I was in the orange Ultimate trolling and exchanged a few words. This is the best time of the year for Rock. It's even more fun to use light tackle. Hope your luck continues.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

John, it was nice to meet you the other day, thanks again for the advice. Did you have any luck on the river? I got quite a few up to 19" on a my 5'6 light spinning rod, it was a blast. I will probably be heading out there again Friday to get some fishing in before the weather gets bad. Hopefully the fish stick around for a little while after the storm passes.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Where are you guys getting these awesome fish board / ruler things? BP only has the gold aluminum which IMO are to narrow to hold a decent fish.

PS - Where do you typically park after unloading the yak at Tucker Street? Last thing i'd want is to paddle back to no-truck.

IMG_20161004_132456.jpg
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Congratulations. It is called a hawg trough. Just google it.

Comment

Keep your fingers crossed!
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

There are parking spaces along the curb as long as you do not block driveways. The residents frown on trailers. Just be curtious to the community.
              John Rentch
              Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

You always remember your first time on light tackle in a kayak , LOL.

That is exciting, congrats RugbyFish!

Comment

Originally posted by J. Rentch View Post
                  Just be curtious to the community.
                  This cannot be overstated. Tucker street is a incredible launch into very protected (from both wind and boat traffic) water and I suspect that the folks who own houses there have the collective juice to force zoned parking if they really tried.
                  Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                  Lime Slayer 10

Comment

For early morning launches at Tucker, especially on weekends, courtesy also means being quiet.

Slamming car doors, and loud talking with your buddies as you unload are likely to be very noticeable and annoying to those inside the houses near the ramp.
                    Mark
                    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Tucker St. is a great place to launch, and I try to be as quiet as possible in the mornings. I also like to turn my headlights off before I get down near the ramp, so as not to point them into someone's window.
                      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

@ rugbyfish: Congrats on your 1st
                        @mchottie: Delaware Paddle Sports has the hawg trough fish rulers you desire. They can even ship it to you.

Comment

Regarding getting a Hawg Trough quickly, the president of the Severn River Rod and Keg Club (SRRKC) had some of the chartreuse ones made up with the club logo. He also added foam flotation. The monthly SRRKC meeting is tonight at the West End Grill in Annapolis at 7:00. He will have some Hawg Troughs available tonight for $20. All interested persons are welcome.
                          John Veil
                          Annapolis
                          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I was there quite early one morning while three Asians were there carrying on like it was mid-day. You probably could have heard them up the street. They were running back and forth catching minnows (?)- and yelling to each other. I only mentioned that they were Asian - as I have seen them there numerous times and others may have as well. They aren't kayakers - and they can ruin it for the rest of us as well. How to get the point across to them?

I also think I remember them parking on the wrong side of the street.
                            Laura (aka zeebyrd)
                            Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Working...
                            X