Catching at Jonas 10/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catching at Jonas 10/2

Got a late start yesterday morning, didn't get on the water till around 8:15. Got to the launch and remembered I hadn't charged the FF battery in awhile, as expected it went dead in about 15 minutes. Surface temps showed low 70's while FF was working. Luckily there was tons of bait on the surface to show me the way. Caught over a dozen fish in 2 hours, none under 18". Ended up bringing home dinner, one at 24" and one at 21". IMG_1615[1].jpg

I did up the size of baits from what I had been using all summer. Caught fish on both of these.
    IMG_1620[1].jpg
    IMG_1619[1].jpg

Opening night zmans are the way to go. I like the 5" grass kickerz on a 1/2oz jig. They've caught me a few keepers in the last few outings I've used them. But the vast majority of rockfish I've caught have been on the diesel minnowz, but only maybe 1 out of 100 fish on that size bait has been a keeper, whereas the ratio for the 5" bait is a lot better.

Comment

Exciting stuff! Ive been waiting a year to use the SwimmerZ's. I bought a bunch last year and barely got through a single pack. I love how long they last!
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Beautiful fish! [emoji4]
        Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
        Exciting stuff! Ive been waiting a year to use the SwimmerZ's. I bought a bunch last year and barely got through a single pack. I love how long they last!
        It's going to be a while till you need a new pack, those things really last! I think I still have one from the first pack I got!

They are a good bait this time of year until the season's end.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
          Opening night zmans are the way to go.
          They are also great for LMB, especially prespawn. My issue with them was the difficulty in rigging them weedlessly, Zman has a new swim-bait hook out to achieve this and while it looks promising, I have yet to fish it.
          Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
          Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
            They are also great for LMB, especially prespawn. My issue with them was the difficulty in rigging them weedlessly, Zman has a new swim-bait hook out to achieve this and while it looks promising, I have yet to fish it.
            I have found that cutting a slit in the top with a razor blade as a pocket for the hook to sit in works. Keeps the tip covered but doesn't have to rip out of that ungodly tough plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X