Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Annual Survival Products October Striper Challenge! Cash payout and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
    Updated Standings

1st Place - Redfish12 - 56.25 ($150 plus $100 Survival products GC)
    2nd Place - Jhoss @ 56.00" ($60 plus $50 Survival products GC)
    3rd Place - Tiffany Cantor @ 53.50" ($30 plus $25 Survival products GC)
    New standings....Ill accept photos up until 11:59PM tonight.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Boooo, Redfish! Now I have to go fishing tonight to try and get back in there
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
        Boo Redfish... couldn't find anything bigger than 23" this time. Nice work and thanks Doug for setting this up.

Comment

Thank you for having the tournament it was alot of fun. The two biggest were 25.75 a piece. Alot of shorts. Congrats to everyone that placed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
            Boo, I hear you are out on the water!
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

FINAL STANDINGS

That's a wrap, folks! Congrats to Redfish12 on his win, Jhoss for a CLOSE 2nd, and Tiffany for a solid 3rd (and beating the crap out of a lot of guys )! Please send me, either through email or PM your address and I'll send the GC's out to you once I receive them from Survival Products. Ill also send the cash out via PayPal in the next day or two. I really appreciate everyone's support and participation and look forward to next years tournament!

Hobie Fishing Team Member
              Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                Boo, I hear you are out on the water!
                Haha! Yea, I gave it one last shot. Found a good school of fish, but they were all cloned 23" - 24" fish. Was hoping there was a biggun' in the mix, but it never panned out. Congrats on the win and to the other top finishers!

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
                FINAL STANDINGS

That's a wrap, folks! Congrats to Redfish12 on his win, Jhoss for a CLOSE 2nd, and Tiffany for a solid 3rd (and beating the crap out of a lot of guys )! Please send me, either through email or PM your address and I'll send the GC's out to you once I receive them from Survival Products. Ill also send the cash out via PayPal in the next day or two. I really appreciate everyone's support and participation and look forward to next years tournament!
                Doug, thanks for running the tournament! I had fun again this year and caught lots of fish. Hopefully by next time I'll have perfected my skills of taking pictures after dark
                Brian

Comment

Doug & Survival- Thanks for putting the tournament on again this year! I had fun and caught some fish but overall it was tough finding fish over 25"! I too had DQ'd fish bc of bad picture taking and I dropped a big fish over the weekend that was around 33"!#$!... I was planning to go out last night again to see if I could grab a few more inches since Hemmingway usually sandbags us, but I got the look from the wife and had to chance it!

I was curious how this year compares to the past two years so I pulled down the leaderboards. It looks like this year was average and that the competition is always close! I think next year we may have to break 60" to be competitive with folks fishing the ocean side now.

Year 1:

1st: Hemingway - 58"
                  2nd: Redfish12 - 56.75"
                  3rd: Rhill - 47"

Year 2:

1st: Redfish12- 56 1/16"
                  2nd: Hemminway- 51 1/8"
                  3rd: Reelaxin10- 48 3/4"

Year 3:

1st Place - Redfish12 - 56.25
                  2nd Place - Jhoss @ 56.00"
                  3rd Place - Tiffany Cantor @ 53.50"

Comment

Thanks for organizing Doug!

I know you had to make some tough calls this year. (and no, I won't even ask you to take another look at the 27' that I caught and forgot to put the signifier on...I mean, you can see by the rest of the pictures I sent that all of the other stuff in the kayak is in the same place so its OBVIOUSLY from the same night...that would give me another 1/2in. total putting me 1/4 ahead of redfish12?...but I wouldn't play like that, rules are rules, my mistake) Wow, some serious competition going on here folks. I gotta give it to everybody for how hard y'all fish! I for one am looking forward to taking it easy and having some relaxing November outings without having to worry about upgrading. Thanks to everyone for participating. Its been a great rocktober. Lets hope the fishing continues to be as good through the rest of the year.
                    John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
                    Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
                    2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Well, good. Now I don't feel so bad for my misfortunes... crappy pictures, straightened split ring on a fish(stock - should of changed it out when I did the hooks ), and briefly had another bruiser on that made all the other fish I had caught this month seem like white perch. A couple seconds of burning drag and splashing before it spit the hook. Never did see what it was. If it was a striper, it was REALLY good, but I keep thinking in the back of my mind that it may have been a big red. Oh, well...

I only talked to Gary twice. I was wondering what he had up his sleeve too.
                      Brian

Comment

And Jhoss, I'm with you, more relaxing fishing ahead! Too many late evening trips and having to get up early for work.
                        Brian

Comment

I'm with you guys too and have felt like a zombie this month!!! It was great competing against you guys!

Comment

Congratulations to all the winners, it was back and forth all the way to the end. Doug really deserves a hugh pat on the back from everyone. He made the tough calls necessary to keep it fair, and in the process earned everyone's respect. My month was not one of lost big fish or bad photos. I caught plenty of fish, but the biggest was the first day of the month, and then we got 18" of rain in 10 days here on the ES, and the big fish were never in kayak range again for me after all that rainwater flushed them out of the creeks.

Comment

Yes, big thank you to Doug for all of your time and effort. This was a amazing and fun tournament. My girlfriend and I had a blast. Thanks and congratulations to everyone that participated. I'm still stuck dreaming of lost fish and missed opportunities. I need a new job so I can fish more. Haha. I look forward to more tournament like this. I vote we should do more in the cpr format.

Comment

Working...
                              X