X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea market

Did this already happen this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know which one you are referring to but they usually are scheduled in January/February when we're all antsy to get out on the water.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Medicyaker (Tom) has organized the kayak fishing flea market at the Lake Shore Volunteer Fire Dept during the winter in the past few years. There was some talk about finding a new location for the flea market for 2017. Hopefully Tom will weigh in soon and let us know his plans.

There are fishing flea markets (not focused solely on kayak fishing) in our region on most weekends in Jan, Feb, and March. It is bit early to know the dates. I think by December the groups that sponsor those events will publish the dates and locations. It is certainly fun to spend a few hours looking at fishing tackle and talking with other fisherman when it is cold outside. My favorite perch/pickerel rod was an impulse buy at the Pasadena Sportsfishing show a decade ago. I saw an interesting looking 6' Fenwick ultralight rod that had lettering on the side reading "Carbon Veil Technology". It is not everyday when I see my last name on a fishing rod -- I had to buy it. It is no longer in production -- I wish I could buy another one like it.

I have taken tables at several different flea markets over the years to sell off excess tackle and gear. I plan to rent space at several fishing flea markets this winter with the hope of selling some copies of my book "Fishing in the Comfort Zone".
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Sure hope Tom can do it again this year ........ I really look forward to it

Comment

Working...
        X