Kayak storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak storage

I have three outbuildings on my property- one is an 14X36' equipment shed built with ten telephone poles and rough hewn hardwood lumber cut off the property with a heavy gage tin roof- It is divided into two sections- one has all my power equipment- Cub Cadet lawn tractor, snowblower, power washer, rear tine roto-tiller, etc. The other has my racks for kayak storage- since I recently have added a new Outback, I had to build a new storage rack system- I just finished it an hour ago covering the skids with carpet so it won't scratch the hull- supposed to rain a lot this week and I wanted the Lady Luck protected and accessible- I made the storage rack just 18 inches off the floor- takes about a minute to slip it in or out of storage and in or out of the back of my pickup truck...the rack is made of salt treated 2X4 lumber with 4 inch plasticote deck screws as fasteners- no nails- very sturdy, permanent rack-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Would love to see a photo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just didn't like the idea of hanging a kayak up in the garage where it might fall on one of the cars or where we might drop it while carrying it in/out of the garage.

We built a storage "shed" for our two kayaks. Some scrap lumber, some T11 type siding, some of the corrugated roofing with old carpet on the floor and shelf to help the kayaks slide in/out easy (and protect the bottoms some. Also have room for the tackle boxes, life jackets, fishing poles, etc., etc.

Comment

Yep- similiar- my rack has doubled 2X4 for rails (covered by carpet) that are 18 inches apart for the Outback hull to rest on without the keel hitting the 2X4 cross members...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X