9/22 Quick Trip - Stoney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/22 Quick Trip - Stoney

I'm still a beginner, but you guys share some great stories and photos, so I had to write this short narrative. Headed out after work last night with a co-worker and friend, I'm in a 12' SOT fishing yak and they both have basic sit-in 10 footers. I grabbed two trolling top-water rods and kept a spinner up front just in-case I spotted a school.

We only had about an hour of daylight, but I landed about 8 keeper sized perch and second to last cast, nailed a juvenile rock + mature rock on my bottom rig with fresh bloodworm, I don't get out much working a 9-5 M-F and i'm new to kayak's this was the first keeper rock of the year.

Fillet'd the perch, and did an egg-wash, and mix of heavy j.o. spice and breadcrumb, quick bake on some foil & came out fantastic. Fillet'd the rock, 2 gorgeous fillets in an 8x14 pan, lemon juice - parsley & cilantro - sliced lemons. Cooked perfectly, melted in your mouth.Mix of green & yellow squash and some curly fries on side. Plated 4 healthy sized meals, and had 4 very happy diners.

PICS:

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

All of a sudden I'm hungry. Nice job on your first keeper and your preparations look tasty.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Great presentation.

Good enough for the Food Channel.

Congrats on your productive outing and your excellent work in the kitchen.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
      X