Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sup trolling the Severn River 9/21/16

https://youtu.be/scgBMuN3WLg

Sup trolling the Severn River this morning and came tight to a bunch of fish. This one, being the biggest (24.5") almost got away.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Board fishing is really catching on in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
      Board fishing is really catching on in this area.
      Hey, is this Don? If so, I spoke with you at the Forest Drive West Marine and you were the one who turned me on to the "snaggedline" website. I don't know too many people that sup fish and the people I do know are friends of mine that have caught on after watching me. Wish I could find more sup fishers out there but seems like a pretty limited population as of right now.

Comment

Yes, this is Don.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
          Yes, this is Don.
          Don't know if you remember me but you spooled line onto a new reel I bought there a few months ago. You told me to get on this forum to try to find other sup'ers out there but have yet to find any.

Comment

Originally posted by supfisher01 View Post
            Don't know if you remember me but you spooled line onto a new reel I bought there a few months ago. You told me to get on this forum to try to find other sup'ers out there but have yet to find any.

It was nice talking fishing with ya that day.

Comment

There were a few on here, one on Stoney Creek and another on the Magothy. There are more in the store all the time. I enjoyed seeing you troll from a SUP, many are fly fishers.

I have been crabbing during the hot months. However, I will soon be switching over to stripers.

Good Luck.

Comment

thanks for sharing the vid! can sups handle any chop if the wind picks up? only experience i have is watching the bikini clad women in spa creek on the weekends, ha
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
                  thanks for sharing the vid! can sups handle any chop if the wind picks up? only experience i have is watching the bikini clad women in spa creek on the weekends, ha
                  Haha! Always a nice view when they roll through.

Yes they can handle some seas but it honestly depends on the riders experience as well. I've paddled against (estimating) 25 mph winds with 1-2 foot chop and made it to my destination but definitely would not want to see a beginner try the same whether the board could handle it or not.

Comment

Working...
                  X