HRBT Flounder - Sep 17, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRBT Flounder - Sep 17, 2016

When I arrived at the launch site for CBBT early in the morning, the entrance to the beach was blocked. It looked OK to launch that time against the easterly wind, but I felt the wind will pick up later. There must be a good reason why the beach access was blocked, I thought.
    Because I didn't bring light tackles for Puppy drum and speck, The only backup place was HRBT for flounder. Next time I will pack light tackles so I could go to Rudee or Lynnhaven in case of the strong wind.

Discouraged, but fished for 4 hours for flounder and 1 hour for any species eat shrimp. Caught 5 flounders @17", 16.5", 14", 12", and 11". Yes, the easterly wind picked up. I could feel the strong wind when I came to the launch site. I was glad that I didn't try CBBT.

I also tested a cheap camera, "Sport Camera" ($50 new at Amazon). The quality of video was as good as that of GoPro for fishing video.

Fishing Log:

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 09-18-2016, 09:14 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

I tried CBBT on Sat too, but the water was rough, surf was too rough, and wind was up. So, I went to my back-up at Rudee Inlet.

Water was dirty. I guess from the storm down south. The inlet had big swells and breaking waves, but I spent most of my time fishing along the jetty. I jigged for flounder all day. It sucked; complete skunk. It was very slow; I saw only a shore fisherman catch a single small fish. I saw nobody in a yak or boat catch fish.

I was thinking about going to HRBT, but I went to Rudee.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

The beach entrance at CBBT was blocked because of the bad erosion, but you could still maneuver a yak/cart to the sand. It may be a while before they fix that ramp area. Anyway, the water/surf was too rough.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
      X