Suggestions for Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Friday

Hello all, I'm new to the forum but have been kayak fishing for several years now. I really appreciate all of the information posted in this forum, I've learned a lot already. I'm looking to do some striper fishing Friday at daybreak. I'd like to try fishing Eastern Bay from Romancoke, but I'm not sure how that would be with an East Wind at 10-15. I'll be in a 2016 Vibe Sea Ghost, so a little chop doesn't worry me too much. Alternatively, I may also launch in the Severn at Jonas Green or somewhere on the South River. Any suggestions are welcome!
    Last edited by rugbyfish; 09-15-2016, 10:38 AM.
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

A launch I've come to really like is the ramp at Lowe's Wharf about 10 miles east of St Michaels heading towards Tilghman Island. It puts you just inside Poplar Island and is accessible to it if you have the stamina to go 3-4 miles out one way. That's very close to the mouth of Eastern Bay.

Since I am an older guy in a paddle sit inside yak, I head south and just work the shoreline down to Goats Island and back. I've found going south is more productive than going north towards Tilghman Point/Claiborne.

I've always done well there. The manager's name is Paul and he only charges $5'tk launch. They also serve lunch and dinner in Tiki Bar style.

If that's too far, there's Goodhands near Kent Narrows. There's also a landing off Bennett Poiint Rd that I like, but I am told it's tough for heavier kayaks. Good luck!

Comment

Great info, thanks! I'm actually heading out tomorrow now, so I will post a report.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Originally posted by rugbyfish View Post
        Great info, thanks! I'm actually heading out tomorrow now, so I will post a report.

Sounds good, I Look forward to your report.

Comment

My girlfriend and I drove over to Romancoke, but decided the chop wasn't worth dealing with, so we ended up launching on the Severn and having a very productive morning. We caught around 16 stripers from 12 to 17.5". I lost a monster right at the boat, which is always frustrating, but it was a good day nonetheless. Thanks to those who provided advice, I look forward to meeting some of you in the near future. Tight lines!

IMG_2317.jpg
          Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Working...
          X