Hobie Adjustable Rod Holder Extender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie Adjustable Rod Holder Extender

I saw a few of these on a few kayaks at CBKA and was hoping for some reviews. In particular how sturdy are they and do they provide good angles?

Thanks
    Dao

$60 each and you have to drill four holes in your kayak for the two strap tie downs...I looked at them yesterday at Backyard Boats- decided to go with RAM Revolution rod holders on gear tracs instead...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I have these on my Outback LE in the rod holders just behind the seat. I like them a lot. You can adjust them to your liking, and I have gotten fish as big as 23inch Rock and 19 inch Spec last week. Mine are latched onto the extra large pad eyes, which helps you adjust the angle they stick out from on the Yak. I had the Ram Revo's Ron mentioned on my PA-14 on the H-rail and those were cool to, but I find it easier to get the rods out of the hobies. They also have two cut-outs at the tube to attach rod leashes if you want to.

Very sturdy and very adjustable. I will be buying the H-Rail version for my new PA-12 when it comes in.

Yak67
      2016 Hobie Outback LE #217

Comment

Thanks guys I will do a little more research.

Comment

Hey Dao

I basically make my own extender.i use grey PVC conduit (cheap from home Depo)heat then end, push over a wine bottle to shape. I then add a hair tie wrapped in electrical tape to get it to be snug in the hole. This gives rod butt much better support than the shallow ones hobie gives you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
          Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
          X