Sept 10th, 11th Double Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept 10th, 11th Double Report

We ran up into The Swamp with my new E-Tec in the morning mist. It performed perfectly and ran sweet. This was the first time I opened it up since its purchase in the beginning of June. Cloud cover all day and the perfect tide was a top water bonus. The hot lure the first day was the horny toad and the second day also. In total I went thru 6 bags of toads..The fish where chomping them down. Lots of pics.

Capt Mike

Oh to be back on The Swamp...

Day one was great popping day and top water in general. Many fish taken on a Don Iovino Splash it and small size Booyah hollow body frog. When the topwater action stopped, it was the fluke show. What a day one.

Day two started out with a big snakehead but, was otherwise slow as the bowfin and bass weren't having any of what we were throwing yesterday. We may have had six fish by 11:30AM. Bill decided to pick up the spinnerbait and game on. We deduced what turned out to be a color preference and went to catching steadily until quitting time. The last two fish of the trip were doubles.

Oh it's good to be back on The Swamp...

Capt Dave

Wow that's a good fishing trip. Is this at the Battle Creek Cypress Swamp?

Donnie
    Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
    2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Didn't know there were so many bowfin around here. Cool report. That's more big fish than I've caught in my lifetime.

Comment

Bowfin are such a cool fish. I didn't even know they were as far north as MD, very cool.

Comment

Working...
        X