Weekend Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Woes

Friday evening I decided I would make the hour trip up to the Susquehanna to target some nice smallmouth. Loaded up the kayak late at night and hit the sack. At 630am when I get to the launch I realize I managed to grab 2 of the same halves of my paddles leaving me with 2 male ends [emoji35]. I decided to go out with half of a paddle anyway. Fished for about 2 hours staying close to the ramp and landed 4 smallies on topwater (trusty whopper plopper). As much as I wanted to explore more I couldn't take the half paddle anymore and cut my trip short.

On my ride home I figured I would go home, grab the correct paddle half and hit tridelphia in hope of a redemption trip. It was about 11 when I got to the reservoir, sun was hot, and the bite was slow. With my new fish finder and Scotty mounts I decided to try and do some trolling. I'm paddling to one of my favorite coves as a boater starts making a v line right at me broadside. As he gets closer I hear him cussing me out, cussing kayakers, and saying I was "fishing his area cause I saw him catching fish". I said some choice words and continued my path. Within 30 secs my rod goes down. I thought I had a nice fish until I realized he crossed my line. I yelled hoping he would stop but he just ignored me, and pulled out every inch of a brand spanking new spool of 150yds, 14lb flouro I put on the night before and taking my 10xd crankbait.

Worst day of fishing in a while. At least I was able to get a few smallies despite my bad luck/mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some days just don't go right....
    So was that the guy at Triadelphia in that big, old, boat with the cabin up front? That guy is always there trolling around in his boat that would seem better suited for the Severn River.

Comment

You got that right! No this guy was in a small blue jon boat looking dingy with 3 trolling motors on it lol.

Comment

Maybe all the line you lost wrapped around his props. Sure would suck if the jerks seals were ruined.

Comment

Well, I am a firm believer in karma!

Comment

Which ramp did you launch at on the Susq?

Comment

Originally posted by Tptman View Post
              Which ramp did you launch at on the Susq?
              Lapidum. Thinking about going again this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by acwatkins View Post
                Lapidum. Thinking about going again this weekend

Oh nice! I've launched a couple of times over on the port deposit side; have wanted to try lapidum for awhile now. Should my trip to SC not materialize this weekend, I'd gladly do some Susq fishing if you want company!

Comment

Sounds good to me, just shoot me a message if so.

Comment

Originally posted by acwatkins View Post
                    Well, I am a firm believer in karma!

+1
                    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Working...
                    X