Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Researching a new yak purchase

Hi my fellow anglers,

I'm just getting back after a long hiatus; I had to quit kayaking for a while - over the last year I've had bilateral hip replacements. The good news is I'm back to almost 100% health. I actually feel better than when I first started to kayak fish. My first kayak was an ascend FS 10. That is a sit in yak and I often find myself reluctant to go saltwater fishing. So, I know I want a sit on top kayak. I also would like to have one I could stand up in ; to be able to sight fish or use crank baits/top lures. I also have seen some pretty cool videos of guys in Hobie PA's crabbing on the Chesapeake; the hands-free propelling is ideal for just that-especially when you're running crab lines.
    I know of two hands-free kayaks, the Hobie pro angler and the native propel slayer. Are there any other kayaks that are similar? I Kinda want to keep my cost down. What that means is either a used hobie PA or a new native propel slayer.
    Can any of you who on either of these yaks tell me the benefits of one over the other?

Thanks,
    Pudgy Prawn
    Ascend FS10

Glad to hear you're back in full health!

Jackson is making a propel driven kayak this year. It was actually at iCast. So expect to see it sometime soon!
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

I would wait until spring to purchase a new yak. Several companies are going to be releasing pedal yaks in 2017, some will likely come in at a lower price point then whats offered now. Or if you want to buy used you will be able to find some deals from people who are upgrading for season.

A quick search on here or google icast will give you an idea of whats coming up.
      Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Snagged liner and Hobie Pro team member RavensDefense has a lightly used Hobie Outback for sale under )
        $2,000. Not sure if you can stand up in it like the Pro Angler, but Survival Products in Salisbury could help you with either new or used kayaks. Here is the link to the Outback:

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...tback-For-Sale

Comment

I have a 2016 Hobie PA-12 that I'm selling. Practically new and comes with all the accessories you might need including a Fish Finder+transducer. You're welcome to try it out to see if it might be right for you.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...PA-12-For-Sale

Please PM me if interested.

Best,
          Zspook

Comment

Working...
          X