Crabbing 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crabbing 2016

Even though crabbing has been very good this year, I could not put together the time today to get out on the water. So, I posted a video from the last few times out and posted it on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5er...ature=youtu.be

I stated using a trotline last year. It had been a very long time since I had used a trotline and forgot how much fun it was. However, this year has really been fun with lots of the tasty little critters.
    Last edited by DOGFISH; 09-08-2016, 04:30 PM.

Nice job dog fish, Ill be out saturday with some rings for the cbka tournament.

Comment

That is a really fun tournament. Good luck.

Comment

Nice video! what are you using for an electric motor & is that a throttle control on the right side?
        Red 2015 Hobie Outback
        Olive 2015 PA 14

Comment

It is a Torqeedo. It is the Hobie model that drops directly into the peddle well. I think they call it an Evolve. That is a throttle. Torqeedo does makes a model that attaches to the stern of any kayak. It is a great little motor. I use it alot for trolling stripers. Thanks.

Good Luck.
          Last edited by DOGFISH; 09-11-2016, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Dogfish?
            Do you use the electric motor over the pedal system because it spooks the crabs or out of convenience?
            Thanks,
            PudgyPrawn
            Ascend FS10

Comment

It is mostly out of convience. I have always used the electric motor, mostly for trolling stripers. I have a friend who uses his peddle drive with great sucess using a trotline. MOC, here on the forum, also uses a peddle drive for the trotline, and has done so for years.

Comment

Working...
              X