Duck, NC Fishing Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duck, NC Fishing Report

Kayak fished the sound on Tuesday and Wednesday. Way too windy. Lots of grass in the shallows fouling up my lures. A weedless spoon and redfish magic spinner came through the grass the best out of my available lures. No fish. Too many white caps. Wind bites.

This morning took my rod to the ocean and surf fished until I got rained on. Caught 2 blue fish using a silver spoon. Lots of fun. Want to catch more of them. Saw some guy catch a redfish in the surf last night using shrimp and a bottom rig.

also you might want to throw a poppin' cork on there above the shrimp, or even the 4" gulp curltail minnows (chartreuse). that was the ticket for the red drum and flounder i caught in the sound by manteo. also 2 specks caught trollin zmans.

Comment

I was just about to post in the other forum asking how everyone did. It was so blown out for me I left Sunday afternoon and just spent the rest of my vacation at my fire dept. Super windy, and the surf wasn't supposed to settle til after I was going to leave.

Oh well. Took a gamble going down there and lost. Get a red for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Zack
      Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
      "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Took the kayak out and paddled around for a couple of hours. Had a fish on a spoon while trolling, but it came off.

Comment

Gave up on the kayak and fished the surf from shore 2 more days with my son. Nothing...

Comment

Working...
          X