OBX sound fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBX sound fishing

Made it out this morning for my first crack at fishing box.I launch out of the boat ramp behind Oregon inlet fishing center. Wind was forecast for 10mph this morning but was blowing more like 15 with gust of 20 or so water temp was a steady 72.5. I paddled north staying behind the grass flats to stay out of the wind and eventually headed over behind a few islands. My goal for today was flounder. I was using gulp swimming mullets on a buck tail and an articulating jig I got from Joe Bruce. caught about 5 flounder around the grass flats and missed about as many bites. I also caught one small seafront there. Moved to the channel and caught another just short flounder and a small blue. Blue then began to cut my gulp tails off switch to a rattle trap and silver spoon but didn't get any bites. Finish off with a fish I didn't reconise.i 'll have to pull pictures later and research it. All in all a great day wind did finally lay down a bit and fishing wasn't bad considering the recent storm. I must of gotten a hole somewhere on my yak in transport, had a lot of water in the haul when I pulled it out and my dry bag leaked taking out my phone. Hopefully the rice truck works if not my gift to fish God's.
    D Hawk
    Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
    Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

I fished the sound on Tuesday morning up in Duck. Too wavy for much fishing. Lots of uprooted grass fouled every lure I threw. Ended up with a weedless spoon and no bites.
    Today the ocean is calmer so I will give that a try.

Comment

Wind has been nasty surf fished Wednesday with only small blues and skate took the kayak back out at inlet yesterday after storm missed a few flounder bites had one big hook up that cut off then the wind picked back up. I found my leak though have a nice size crack at scupper on seat so kayak is done until I get home and fix it so it's off to the surf today
      D Hawk
      Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
      Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Working...
      X