CCA Maryland REDTROUT Tournament September 24th -25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA Maryland REDTROUT Tournament September 24th -25th

The 2016 RED TROUT Tournament is coming up and I wanted to pass along an invite to the guys on this site. This tournament offers incredible food, fishing, and prizes. This years tournament is September 24th and 25th, with a captains meeting on the 23rd. Target species include Speckled trout, red drum, rockfish, flounder, bluefish, and a mystery fish to be announced at the captains meeting. In addition to a kayak division, there is also a boat division, fly calcutta, big fish calcutta, and Chesapeake slam option. As this tournament has grown since its conception a few years ago, its become pretty clear that it is made for kayak anglers; as we have cleaned house with the boats just about every year.

Complete rules for the tournament can be found here.

The separate divisions and calcuttas can be found here.

The schedule of events can be found here.

And finally, registration can be found here.

This year the event falls on the same day as the TKAA tournament, which kind of stinks. However, this tournament is more local than VA beach and offers more opportunities to target more species in both MD and VA (as there is not a restriction on where kayaks can launch). Many of the anglers stay at Janes Island State Park, which also makes for a great time. For those who participate in tournaments, I hope to see you there. And for those who never have, this is a great event to get your feet wet.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Its a shame :c Ill be on my Honeymoon that weekend lol Good luck to everyone involved!
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

Ah man, I forgot about this! I have to start marking stuff on a calendar

Think it's too late to un-invite family coming down that weekend to visit?
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinzak View Post
        Its a shame :c Ill be on my Honeymoon that weekend lol Good luck to everyone involved!
        don't do it man, don't do it!
        sigpic

Comment

eventually one year i'll go...dont really have camping stuff. Would prob have to get motel room.

Comment

It is not too late to register. Speck and rock are a plenty this year, so if you are even remotely interested, I would highly suggest this event. It's closer than TKAA and (I think) cheaper. Two days of fishing and a great dinner Saturday night. The weather is also looking incredible. Hope to see you all there!

Hobie Fishing Team Member
            Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
            X