TS Hermine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS Hermine

Woke up this morning in Southern Maryland to gusting winds and low threatening clouds...we are in the fringe of the rain bands of TS Hermine, presently a 60 mph tropical storm with the center of the storm still in North Carolina but moving at 21 mph ENE- forcast to strengthen and stall off the Virgina coast Sunday into Monday- after Monday the path of the storm is unpredictable at this time...our St. Mary's County Snaggedline kayaking friends are in the rain bands and the wind fields, so let's keep everyone affected by Hermine and their families in our prayers- one big threat people forget about from tropical storms is the possibilities of tornados...
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 09-03-2016, 08:54 AM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Plus one on that, Ron.

The wind is gusting already here in Pasadena this morning and the worst is yet to come.

Good luck to all in the storm's path.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Darned her, blew a branch out of a tree. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am in Wachapreague, VA until Sun am. The rain has not been too hard here, but the wind is strong. The wind and storm surge blew water into the road across from the restaurant. The water is above the docks now. The channel in front of the marinas and restaurant is covered with whitecaps and waves.

20160903_095057_resized_1.jpg 20160903_095105_resized_1.jpg 20160903_095218_resized_1.jpg 20160903_095255_resized_1.jpg

The place I am staying is a quarter mile back from the water and is high and dry. Out on the main road (Rt 13) it looks like a regular rainy day. I drove up to Chincoteague this morning. The driving was fine until I crossed the causeway across the water to Chincoteague. Water was being blown over the road at some spots. When I found enough of a shoulder I made a U-turn and came back. Once off the causeway, things were fine again.

20160903_105754.jpg
        Last edited by J.A. Veil; 09-03-2016, 01:27 PM.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Downs Park

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
          Green Team
          Future Beach 10' sit in - Lime Green
          Ascend FS12T - Lime Green

Comment

Made it down nagshead this morning around 11am thought I was going to loose the kayak off the top of the xterra. The winds crossing the sound were every bit of 60mph. Lots of trees and power lines down and a few roads closed due to floods didn't really feel the brunt of the wind except for bridge crossing. The James river looked angry when we came across the bridge tunnel. The bridge at Oregon inlet was closed when we arrived I believe it has opened now. Wind has died considerably since we arrived probably around 30. Hope I can manage to get a few days on the water later in the week.
            D Hawk
            Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
            Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

We just got back from South nags head last night. Left last night to avoid the wind since the boat was in tow. Rest of the family had fun this morning. Ocean from house during a leak supposedly and was flooding fthrough the roof from the 3rd floor down.

As to the fishing, there were plenty of sheep biting at the bonner. Good luck stay safe.

Comment

Working...
              X