OBX Labor Day Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBX Labor Day Weekend

I'll be down Friday night to Monday sometime. Planning to do a little sound side fishing and some chunking. Weather looks okay but might be a bit windy. If anyone wants to come down and do some fitchin let me know and we can link up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

I head to Duck on Sunday for a week.

Comment

I did the OBX for the first time this year. Way, way better than Maryland beaches.

How? Less cops, less traffic, less loud bikers, less obnoxius drunk college kids, less ghetto thugs, more space, clearer water.

Had a lot of clerks greet me as "darling" and "Honey" - in Rehobeth only the male clerks greet me that way :-(

Had some great meals too. Best meal was Owens. Also good were Duck donuts, Rundown cafe. High Cotton was a disappointment brisket wise; was told by local that pork BBQ is what they eat in the south so my bad.

Comment

Owens and Duck Donuts are superb!

Comment

Ill be down sat to sat staying in south nags head. Taking the yak plan on fishing the sound and surf fishing.
          D Hawk
          Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
          Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

DM- If I do some chunking it'll probably be up your way. I like surf fishing in Duck and Corolla much more than I do the southern towns.

Dhawk- I'll be kayaking around the little bridge some hopefully if the wind doesn't blow me away. Been catching lots of trout down there.

Zack
            Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T

Comment

Originally posted by justacanoe View Post
              I did the OBX for the first time this year. Way, way better than Maryland beaches.

How? Less cops, less traffic, less loud bikers, less obnoxius drunk college kids, less ghetto thugs, more space, clearer water.

Had a lot of clerks greet me as "darling" and "Honey" - in Rehobeth only the male clerks greet me that way :-(

Had some great meals too. Best meal was Owens. Also good were Duck donuts, Rundown cafe. High Cotton was a disappointment brisket wise; was told by local that pork BBQ is what they eat in the south so my bad.
              Yup. To me the OBX is the Mecca of fishing. Doesn't have that trashy boardwalk feel that you get sometimes in OC or myrtle.

Zack
              Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T

Comment

Originally posted by sega View Post
                DM- If I do some chunking it'll probably be up your way. I like surf fishing in Duck and Corolla much more than I do the southern towns.

Dhawk- I'll be kayaking around the little bridge some hopefully if the wind doesn't blow me away. Been catching lots of trout down there.

fished there out of a skiff years ago will be my first time with the kayak. Used to fish for flounder and reds up behind bodie island light. figured to fish there and also launch at little bridge

f
                D Hawk

Comment

fished there years ago in a skiff, will befirst time on kayak. used to fish for flounder behind bodie island light . figured i'd try that and also launch at little bridge
                  D Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by dhawk View Post
                    Ill be down sat to sat staying in south nags head. Taking the yak plan on fishing the sound and surf fishing.
                    Surf fished South Nags Head last week and caught small flounder. Others fishing the shore seemed to be catching the same thing
                    Last edited by bch89; 09-01-2016, 09:30 AM.

Comment

OBX Labor Day Weekend

Well conditions are looking a little less than optimal for Friday and Saturday. Sunday on looks fishable. Friday night I'll probably chunk off the pier.

If it gets super windy you can always hit kitty hawk bay. There's a free launch up in the creeks (pretty easy to find on google maps). Mainly flounder and trout back there but I've heard of people catching reds and donk rockfish.

Zack
                      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T

Comment

Well conditions are looking a little less than optimal for Friday and Saturday. Sunday on looks fishable. Friday night I'll probably chunk off the pier.

If it gets super windy you can always hit kitty hawk bay. There's a free launch up in the creeks (pretty easy to find on google maps). Mainly flounder and trout back there but I've heard of people catching reds and donk rockfish.

Good to know. Ill be there all week so if I don't get out the first weekend I'm sure there is a watering hole around to hide from the storm in.
                        D Hawk

Comment

I hope to make my first report on Monday.

Comment

I just made a minor tweak to my schedule so I'll be leaving Tuesday morning instead of Monday. Weather looks too good on Monday to pass it up

Zack
                            Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T

Comment

Working...
                            X