Eastern Bay 8/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Bay 8/28

image.jpgimage.jpgLaunched from Kent narrows around 0630 on the end of the outgoing and headed out into Eastern Bay. Scattered fish were breaking here there and the other place. Trolled around and did some casting in skinny water and started picking up small rockfish right off the bat. Noticed birds working in the distance and gave chase to be interrupted by the only keeper of the day at 21 inches. Released him and continued after the birds to find dinks galore! Had my fill of them and continued on down to around Parsons Island. Lots of bait around from ghost minnows to peanuts to 8 inch bunker pods, all were working through area with the smaller being periodically blown up by 10-14 inch stripers. Went looking for bait in shallower water and found a half dozen 5-6 inch spot pretty quickly in 6fow. Headed back to the channel prospecting for some larger fish but nada. Started circling back towards Kent Narrows around noon working the shallows casting and trolling and continued to pick up dink stripers. Once back at the narrows I figured I would try for some more spot and try livelining and had the surprise of the day landing 3 pumpkinseed sunfish. Decided I had had enough around 1530 and left to deal with the traffic. Water temps were +/- 83 deg with 1-2 feet of visibility.

We need some cooler temps to get this bite going! Congrats on the one keeper, you worked hard for it.
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

hope the tides were in your favor! that's what, over 4 miles to parsons? not that 4 miles is far, but that current in that area can be quite swift. but then, seeing you at jbay and your oc inlet reports, that's a walk in the park. did you see any flying Spanish macks? i've been on the hunt for them the past 3 weekends to no avail (cheating with boat to find kayak locations), just dink rocks, but i did see my first one in person. a random flying mack outside the naval academy leaving spa creek by boat. thanks for sharing
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
        did you see any flying Spanish macks?
        Nope, some small blues are around but no sign of Spanish that day.

Comment

Working...
        X