Slower lower Potomac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slower lower Potomac

Yak67 and myself hit the lower Potomac this morning. He was moving kind of slow like Uncle Joe from Petticoat Junction, so I set off before him. Went to a spot that's been producing and found quality rockfish with blues mixed in. Quickly had a keeper and a couple of 18" throwbacks. Action was furious and I got 3 blues before Gary showed up. By then the big rocks had moved out but we still had another 45 minutes of breaking fish. Once it died down we went back to trolling and I picked up a keeper trout. Really a pleasant surprise and capped off a great morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Great report Mike-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Nice pickup with the spec! I'm hoping to find a few of them myself soon.
      Brian

Comment

"He was moving kind of slow like Uncle Joe from Petticoat Junction, so I set off before him..."

LOL, Ihave to remember that line!

Great report. Nice to see the specie variety too.

Comment

We were down that way yesterday. (Inigoes) Outstanding bite with a few keepers. Some bluefish as well. Usually could pick away at fish after the bar closes at 10:00 but not the case yesterday. It was dead.
          Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
          Predator 13

Comment

There is a very defined bite window. Once the drill sergeant says lights out, it's lights out. My guess is they're moving off the flat and going to deeper water but I haven't chased to find out. We were also catching needle fish this morning, but we didn't keep any for the photo op, just glad to get them off the hook.
            Mike
            Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Man it was a great bite when I finally got there. I was in my Outback which moves faster than my old PA-14. Some coffee or Redbull are in order for Wednesday morning. Man I felt like I was dragging an anchor

Big Mike did a great job of hitting the "Trifecta" this morning.

Yak67
              2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Nice report, guys!! Can't wait for things to pick up in this part of the bay. Might have to make a road trip to try and get a fix.....
                Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Working...
                X