A New Kayak Fishing Book is Available! -- The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Kayak Fishing Book is Available! -- The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing

I have joined the list of Snaggedline members who have authored a book. My work is entitled The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and tales from an old guy in a plastic boat.)

This book is essentially a long thank you note to my kayak angling friends for all the fun times they have shared with me on the water. I recount my kayak fishing experiences over the past four years. I explain how I was introduced to the hobby and how a kayak has added immensely to my lifelong passion for fishing. I reveal my favorite locations, my preferred kayak angling techniques and I provide practical advice that has made me a better kayak angler. But it is far from an instructional guide. I also provide interesting and humorous anecdotes from my times on the water. I think you will find my book and its many color photographs an entertaining read. It will certainly resonate with those of you on Snaggedline and I believe it make you laugh a little, think a little and most of all it will make you glad that you are a kayak angler.

As I wrote in the preface, The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing is about:

“…being close to nature in the Chesapeake Bay and other waters. It’s about the camaraderie of likeminded people. It’s about the elation I feel on every kayak outing whether I catch fish or not. It’s a bit opinionated in that I challenge some kayak angling trends here in the Chesapeake region. But it’s mainly about the simple joys of kayak fishing. I offer this short story with the hope that after reading it you will both understand my passion for the hobby and find the same feelings of exhilaration in your own kayak.”

It is available for $13.95 on Createspace: https://www.createspace.com/6191559

And on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Joys-K...+kayak+fishing

In about a week I will have a few extra copies in my possession to distribute. I will mail a signed copy to you if you so desire. Please PM me if you are interested in that.

Lastly, I will again participate in the 2016 CBKA tournament on 9 and 10 September. I will donate a copy to the raffle and bring a few copies with me for those interested in purchasing one.

Many thanks,
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Our forum is packed with authors and soon to be authors with decades of practicable fishing experiences- the last fishing book I bought was Lefty Kreh's "Practable Fishing Knots" after meeting the author and spending a event filled session with him- he was at a fishing seminar that I attended in the Tidewater area many, many years ago...fascinating fly fisherman- Jimmy Houston was his bookend speaker...about as different as day and night but very informative...congratulations on your achievement- putting pen to paper is a real skill set...
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 08-27-2016, 09:28 AM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

My copy is on the way!!..... Very cool mark.
      Harlan

Revo 13
      Trident 13
      Cuda 14
      Necky Tandem

Comment

Awesome can't wait to read it gonna have a whole shelf of kayak fishing books I just finished John Veil's book
        D Hawk
        Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
        Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Nice!!!
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Well done Mark. Putting together a book from basic idea, to writing, to adding photos, editing, etc. is a long haul. But for me it is well worth it. You should be proud for completing that journey.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks to all for the positive comments and encouragement. I very much appreciate it. And thanks to those who have already purchased or ordered a copy. I hope my work merits your support.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Looking forward to getting my autographed copy at the CBKA in two weeks. Bring a bunch with you

Yak67-Gary

2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Congrats Mark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
                  Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Way to go Mark!!!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author