Cbbt 8/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cbbt 8/20

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgWeather called for a beautiful day and did not disappoint! Launch from Wise Point around 0630 with some fiddlers and a half baked plan of finding some bait and livelining for red's and cobia. As I was running through the 1st bridge to Fishermans Island I had some nice marks on the pilings and spent some time chasing sheephead. Landed 2 around 18-20 inches or so and had a few others make me look silly before heading around the island. Not knowing what I should be doing exactly I went here and there casting soft baits and trolling my way out the bridge towards the next island. Got within a mile before chickening out and deciding to work my way back towards Fishermans Island. Found some small bluefish while jigging for flounder and the standard bait stealers with the fiddlers but I also found spades. Big schools of them were around the pilings and I managed to land one and cross a new species for me off the list even if it was a little guy! As I got back to Fishermans I found out I made a good decision in turning around as the chain on my mirage drive parted... Still not any fun paddling around the island against the tide but much better than doing it from 5 miles out! Talking to the boats no one had seen any cobia hanging on the pilings and I only saw a few short flounder caught. I did live line some pinfish for a while but the blues chunked them up. Maybe the next time I'll have a little better game plan and come better prepared!
    Last edited by chimo; 08-22-2016, 05:34 PM.

Been wanting to get out there again soon. I sure wouldn't mind trying to fish the bridge pilings out there. Of course, the water has to be cooperative. Thanks for the report.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I've often wondered what it would be like to go from Wise Point to the 4th island, but its such a haul I've never tried it. Props for making the effort to get there! Sounds like you had a good time exploring.
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
        I've often wondered what it would be like to go from Wise Point to the 4th island, but its such a haul I've never tried it. Props for making the effort to get there! Sounds like you had a good time exploring.
        Wise Point to Fishermans Island - It's a long way. Plan to fish on a calm day. And plan to paddle out with the current and come back with current. Paddling against strong current should be avoided. A fast kayak is strongly recommended.

Joe
        Last edited by ComeOnFish; 08-30-2016, 06:17 AM.
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by chimo View Post
          the chain on my mirage drive parted...
          I have been carrying replacement chain/cable, ranch, bolts and nuts) in the tackle bag and also in my truck. I replaced a chain once at the first Island. It saved me the day.

Hobie anglers, ask me if you see me on the water when you need a part.

Joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
          X