Oc 8/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oc 8/21

image.jpgimage.jpgFished OC from around 0600-1600 Sunday with a buddy of mine fishing on his jet ski and briefly met up with Slobber Bob. Started off fishing the end of the south jetty on the slack before the incoming made holding position tough. Caught a few black wills, a few short stripers and tog on a mix of fiddlers and fleas. Had my braid snap on the hookset on what was a better fish (sheep??). Moved from there out to a wreck south of the inlet. Found more black wills, lots of 12-14 inch weakfish, 2 triggers and a couple bluefish. Lots of Bunker around as well and my buddy started live lining them and tangling with the sharks. Nothing huge but landed a bunch up to the 4ft range. Also tried jigging for flounder ocean side but a small blue and a big ray were all that I found before having to get back inside the inlet in front of the outgoing tide. Spent some time jigging for flounder around the bridge and landed a half dozen shorts before calling it a day. Water temps were around 71 ocean side and 76 in the inlet. Tides were rolling with the full moon!
    Last edited by chimo; 08-22-2016, 05:05 PM.

Glad you made it in before the current turned. That would of been some work getting back in! Good job on the triggers too. I'll have to go out to the wreck with you next time; you seem to find triggers out there each time.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
      Glad you made it in before the current turned. That would of been some work getting back in! Good job on the triggers too. I'll have to go out to the wreck with you next time; you seem to find triggers out there each time.
      Even with the Hobie I would have been beaching it on Assateague and dragging it across the beach/rocks to get back inside the inlet if I had been late... And yes I know that from experience! Company is always welcome but the Triggers have only been there half of the time. I don't know why I haven't caught a sheep there yet???

Comment

Chima: Great report, thanks. I'm trying to get my wife and two of my kids up there in October. Probably fish for Togs, but maybe Sheepshead will still be around.

It is amazing how much different the water is compared to the bay and Severn. Both were around 90, that time I checked.

Best Regards,
        Stan
        Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Originally posted by chimo View Post
          I don't know why I haven't caught a sheep there yet???
          Good question. Even three yars ago Sheeps head were available. My buddies would go up and get there limit of Togs by noon. Now, were lucky if we can get one keeper.
          Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Originally posted by chimo View Post
            Lots of Bunker around as well and my buddy started live lining them and tangling with the sharks.
            I saw this in the Coastal Fisherman and thought of your report... Might just have to do some paddling around in the ocean one day soon!

WEDNESDAY, August 24, 2016

If you ever wanted to catch a cobia, NOW is the time. They are just off the coast of Ocean City under schools of rays or schools of bunker. Bring some live spot or bunker with you and toss it right to them. Jim McDowell caught an 81 lb. cobia on a live bunker, 8 miles south of the OC Inlet, 1/2 mile off the beach.

I am receiving reports of a lot of cobia cruising under schools of bunker and rays, just off the coast of OC. Yesterday, another one was caught. This 44 pounder was caught by Eric Martyn at Little Gull Shoal. It was caught on a bucktail with a twister.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
              I saw this in the Coastal Fisherman and thought of your report... Might just have to do some paddling around in the ocean one day soon!

WEDNESDAY, August 24, 2016

If you ever wanted to catch a cobia, NOW is the time. They are just off the coast of Ocean City under schools of rays or schools of bunker. Bring some live spot or bunker with you and toss it right to them. Jim McDowell caught an 81 lb. cobia on a live bunker, 8 miles south of the OC Inlet, 1/2 mile off the beach.

I am receiving reports of a lot of cobia cruising under schools of bunker and rays, just off the coast of OC. Yesterday, another one was caught. This 44 pounder was caught by Eric Martyn at Little Gull Shoal. It was caught on a bucktail with a twister.
              You would have to post something like this after I had decided to take it easy this weekend.... Thanks for making the decision that much harder!

Comment

It has me wondering if I need to change my weekend plans too!
                Brian

Comment

Its post like this that make me consider crazy $H%t.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                  Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                  2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Great job! lol the last time I went BTB lets just say I lost some stuff..

But that hasnt kept me from wanting to go again!
                    Zach Bennett
                    Linthicum MD
                    2014 Hobie Outback
                    Instagram: YakinZak
                    Youtube: YakinZak
                    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
                      Its post like this that make me consider crazy $H%t.
                      yep
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                      X