Centennial Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centennial Lake

Sorry no pics. Yesterday, I spent about 3 hours fishing the islands to the left of the ramp on Centennial Lake in Columbia. I was casting weightless 4" Green Pumpkinseed Senko worms and just bouncing them along the bottom. I managed to land 13 LMB. Granted they were all pretty small, the largest was about 14". I missed the hookup or failed to land about another 5.

If you are looking for an easy and fun place to catch a few LMB, give that place a try.
    ---------------------------------
    Mike Hossom
    Olive Jackson Cuda 12

There are some behemoths in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

For some reason I never think of that place when deciding where to go.

Comment

I am the same way, I haven't even been there to bank fish, and I roam all over for that. I spend five hours yesterday at Cash Lake roasting in the sun for two tiny bass and a (admittedly very pretty) crappie, I could use some good action.
        Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
        Lime Slayer 10

Comment

I used to bank fish there before getting my kayak.
          But haven't once taken my kayak there.
          Were you fishing cash lake on 197?

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
            I used to bank fish there before getting my kayak.
            But haven't once taken my kayak there.
            Were you fishing cash lake on 197?
            Yep. It is pretty rough most days but I have caught a single very nice bass and a few good pickerel so I keep coming back. There was another kayaker who arrived right after I launched but he did a very quick circuit and maybe spent an hour or so on the water. Other then a vague sense of where the channel is, I know very little about the layout of the lake and the water was stained enough that I couldn't get a good sense of most of it. I don't believe it is very deep and the big girls have to be hiding somewhere. I need to figure out what I want for a FF and give that place a good scan.
            Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
            Lime Slayer 10

Comment

That place can be brutal at times as far as giving up fish however it is a Beautiful Lake. Got an old friend of mine and make no mistake he can catch fish in a mud puddle but this is the only place that has skunked him every time we go. This is a family site so I cant repeat some of the things he has mumbled about it but he keeps trying.

eyedaddy

Comment

Working...
              X