duck hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duck hunters?

I am trying to find out how many and if anyone is using a non-licensed boat similar to a kayak to access blind sites for hunting? Did any of you apply for the blind site lottery and use a non-licensed boat?
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Rob, if you are on Facebook, Adam Corry runs a group called Kayak Hunting. He is a Wilderness System Pro Staff who specializes in waterfowling from his kayak. On Sept 24th, he will be doing a kayak hunting seminar at Survival Products in Salisbury beginning at 7:00. I will be doing a fall red drum, rockfish, and speckled trout seminar from 6-7.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I've done it on the magothy. Took the kayak out on a boat and my buddies were the next site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rob I been using a non license Jon boat with trolling motor for a number of years. I use it for setting up and retrieving birds.Having try kayak yet but I don't see a need for me.
        2012 hobie outback
        2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Thanks so far guys, I know Adam and help him run that FB group.

I am asking as Maryland Waterfowl, as I am the VP, and there are a lot of suggestions for changing the blind site lottery and one is to having a licensed boat to apply. I am just wondering how that will affect the aquapod/kayak users and how many are using it. How many already have a boat, like Adam does, and use a kayak too. If you could register and not have to have the three in numbers or any other thoughts along that line.

Coop, with a trolling motor you still need to be licensed, its just free every two years after initial licensing if under 16' and 7.5hp I got a warning for the same thing 30 years ago when I kid and didn't know and put a trolling motor on my canoe.
          "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
            Thanks so far guys, I know Adam and help him run that FB group.

I am asking as Maryland Waterfowl, as I am the VP, and there are a lot of suggestions for changing the blind site lottery and one is to having a licensed boat to apply. I am just wondering how that will affect the aquapod/kayak users and how many are using it. How many already have a boat, like Adam does, and use a kayak too. If you could register and not have to have the three in numbers or any other thoughts along that line.

Coop, with a trolling motor you still need to be licensed, its just free every two years after initial licensing if under 16' and 7.5hp I got a warning for the same thing 30 years ago when I kid and didn't know and put a trolling motor on my canoe.
            Thanks Rob but that my least worry.I license my whole shoreline.The guys I see that gets the lottery have license vessels.
            2012 hobie outback
            2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

How would that differ if someone used a layout boat in a shore blind site.
              Can't see them making a licensed boat s requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

People are suggesting having a licensed boat as a requirement as guys are getting people that don't even waterfowl hunt to apply for the lottery. That is why i am asking here to see how many people are using kayaks or marsh boats as the sole transport to your blind site.

Nothing is a done deal and I am just searching for information.

Comment

Working...
                X