Broken lens- carbon visipole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken lens- carbon visipole

I have had my YakAttack Carbon visipole about three years and recently the clear light lens on the top broke off- I called Yak Attack and asked if they sold just the lens- nope, not yet- so I ended up ordering a complete light- $40.00
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

I need to find out how to fix my shaft. They dont seem to sell replacements or have methods of fixing them. I dont have the bungee tent pole style. Just the regular visipole. If i dont find a way i may have to buy a new one.... great product though.
    The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

FYI: the OEM for those lights is tek tite industries, they sell the handheld version and others like it. Most importantly, they sell parts including the lens. The light model is mark-lite mk3 and they sell just the cone "lens' for $5.95 in clear and a bunch of colors. Made in USA.

Parts link below:
      https://www.tek-tite.com/products.ph...lacement+Parts

Also, that light is also used in the kayalu brand light kit and the one sold at REI labeled as "paddler's supply."

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by smb View Post
        FYI: the OEM for those lights is tek tite industries, they sell the handheld version and others like it. Most importantly, they sell parts including the lens. The light model is mark-lite mk3 and they sell just the cone "lens' for $5.95 in clear and a bunch of colors. Made in USA.

Parts link below:
        https://www.tek-tite.com/products.ph...lacement+Parts

Also, that light is also used in the kayalu brand light kit and the one sold at REI labeled as "paddler's supply."

Hope this helps.
        This is why this forum is so valuable to us- I ordered the replacement parts- so now I will have a spare for my visipole- thanks for the info- it really did help
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X