Anyone fishing the South River?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fishing the South River?

I am curious if anyone is finding anything on the South River these days? I am considering launching from the Homeport Park tomorrow
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

I generally do, but not lately due to the warm water conditions. Most of the stripers right now are smaller fish. However, there are always a few keeper size fish around. Perch are generally plentiful in the river. I mostly go crabbing this time of year, with the occasional fresh water trip.

Beverly Triton might put you out in better water. Try to avoid a South wind.

Comment

I haven't been there in quite a while...
      Last time I was there the Froyo Stand and the Starbucks was a nice addition.
      It's really great with the paved ramp and the tow rope so heavier kayaks can negotiate the hill.
      And the fish cleaning station is great too... it only costs .50 cents per fish to the guy for your catch.
      ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Comment

I went out there about a week ago from Beverly Triton and the fish were all about 14" in the breakers. I trolled down to the lighthouse and on the way back I had something big slam a rod, but it came off the lure after about 30 seconds or so.
        J

Comment

Working...
        X