No announcement yet.

Jackson Big Tuna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some great info. Thank you all. I'm sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If your use to the tarpon have you looked at the remake of the tarpon 130t? It can't be paddled solo...but has the tarpon seats. Small gear tracks and a small tank well. Just another option. But that Jackson should work pretty well. Being able to have the seats face one another is a pretty cool option for family fishing. Here is a link to the tarpon in case you wanted to take a look. Best of luck.

http://www.wildernesssystems.com/us/.../tarpon-135t-0

Desert Camo- Moken 14
      Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

you can probably demo one at Valley mill boats .I fish salt out of a big tuna solo also I have an electric motor on it.there might even be a demo big tuna for sale call Jim at the store. Pm me for more info Rich.
        Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
        Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

I will be in the Lewes DE area next week and if they haven't sold their demo tuna, I'll rent that from DPS. No tax and their demos are on sale also. But thanks for the info.

Comment

Ron,
            We still have our demo BIg Tuna. Also we deduct the rental price off the purchase price if you decided you want the demo Tuna. Have a good one!

Comment

Did a demo of the tuna at CHSP. Nice boat. I paddled it as a tandem just putting all my gear in the front. Probably equivalent to my 40lb son. Not difficult to paddle, but quite a bit of hull slap. Wind would grab you pretty good also. I think I would want the rudder if I'm using it in the salt. I would also do a better job of bringing more ballast if just fishing with my boy to limit the bow from slapping. Otherwise very comfortable and super stable. Lots of space and a comfortable seat. I'm guessing two paddlers could move right along in the tuna. I got skunked on flounder, but there are a ton of micro croakers there. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
              X