Mattawoman Sunday 8/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman Sunday 8/14

I'm headed to Mattawoman with my brother-in-law Sunday. We've only been once before (skunked) and we want to give it another shot, and a chance at our first Snakehead is always an added bonus. When we went last time we headed up the creek from Slavins Launch fishing with mostly frogs. I only had one blowup and lost the fish. If anyone has recommendations on tackle/lures that they want to share we'd be most appreciative!

Also, we never went downstream from Slavins because from what I've read that's glitter-boat heaven... is it worth the paddle to head downstream or are we better suited upstream?
    - Justin
    2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
    2018 Jackson Coosa

Oh and we're planning to launch around 7AM if anyone wants to join...
    - Justin
    2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

I would launch no later than 6 am and be off the water by 8:30 or so...expect the fishing to die when it gets hot...they go deep...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Watch out for bass boats. That is the last day of the bass master elite out of Smallwood state park

Comment

There is a launch on the side of the road at the intersection of 235 and 234. Hawthorne rd and Livingston rd.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
            I would launch no later than 6 am and be off the water by 8:30 or so...expect the fishing to die when it gets hot...they go deep...
            Whew... if it's really going to be that bad we may have to postpone this trip to the fall because the drive means we'd be leaving at 0430 and I don't think I'm feeling that dedicated.

Originally posted by Dsmdave View Post
            There is a launch on the side of the road at the intersection of 235 and 234. Hawthorne rd and Livingston rd.
            Thanks for that tip! Looks like it's a little bit of a drag but not too bad...
            - Justin
            2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

Yeah it is a drag but not bad at all me and my girlfriend carried my big tuna back there. I want to go back soon last time we were chased out by thunderstorms after 1 hour.

Comment

I am pulling out of my driveway at 3:00 am in the morning headed to our meet and greet in Crisfield to launch at 6:30
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I think the Bass Masters Elite and it's glitter boats are enough to cancel this for us this weekend... time to find something closer to home (Pasadena) for Sunday morning or afternoon... thanks guys!
                  - Justin
                  2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

I always have the best luck during the hottest part of the day. Good luck. I'll be fishing w/ Ron & the others @ the Meet & Greet @ Janes Island State Park.

Comment

I have a trip today at 3pm and the ramp has been taken over by bass boats. They are giving rides on new boats. I am so screwed. But by 5 pm the place will be a ghost town..

Moved my Sunday trip to a later date.

Capt Mike

Comment

I plan on hitting st marys lake if you want to join

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X