Janes Island Meet and Greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pa angler425 View Post
    I'm relatively a new to kayaking and plan on being there to fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Welcome aboard!

Comment

[QUOTE=Pa angler425;133706]I'm relatively a new to kayaking and plan on being there to fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
      See you Janes Island Ron
      2012 hobie outback
      2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Ty coop1486

Comment

I'm thinking about coming, but am very much a novice fishing saltwater. All that I have really done with reasonable success is trolled around the bay near Baltimore and Annapolis for Stripers using paddle tails. What would we be fishing for and what sort of tackle would be needed? Is this a good opportunity to learn as well as meet people?
          Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
          2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

Comment

Stripers, flounder, speckled trout, redfish, white perch...and the same tackle/techniques you use near Baltimore should work fine in Crisfield
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Planning on being there, staying at a local motel, plan on joining you for lunch
              Mark Harrison

Hobie Outback - Yellow

Comment

OK- so what is the plan about us all meeting up after the fishing for lunch- times, place, etc. we usually bring a Un-used lure still in its package to throw in the grab bag for the meet n greets...figure a late lunch would be around 1:30-2:00 pm? Low tide is at 3:41 p.m.,if we get to fish most of the incoming tide, high tide and a size able part of the falling tide, I figure everyone should be pretty tired and ready to eat by 1:30

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                  OK- so what is the plan about us all meeting up after the fishing for lunch- times, place, etc. we usually bring a Un-used lure still in its package to throw in the grab bag for the meet n greets...figure a late lunch would be around 1:30-2:00 pm? Low tide is at 3:41 p.m.,if we get to fish most of the incoming tide, high tide and a size able part of the falling tide, I figure everyone should be pretty tired and ready to eat by 1:30
                  I have not heard from Rich. I am not sure if he is out of town or already at the campsite and does not have Internet access. So Ron, makes sense so if there are not any objections, Launch will be at 6:30am. Feel free to launch before, but we will be back to the launch at 1:30pm to head over to the seafood joint the Jeff mentioned near the campgrounds. The seafood place is called Linton's Crab House & Seafood Carry-Out. It is like a carry out with a screened in deck seating, perfect for kayakers. There is parking in front and behind the building.

Linton's Crab House & Seafood Carry-Out
                  4500 Crisfield Hwy, Crisfield, MD 21817
                  lintonseafood.com
                  (410) 968-0127

Jeff said that he will take care of the lunch arrangements. As far as I know, there is no bucket of lures on this trip.
                  Attached Files

Comment

There is free internet access available at the park office but moc is right, I couldnt get good enough reception at my camp site.. you need to get the log in information at the office.

Comment

I'm in for fishing and lunch. Will be at the park by this evening.
                      Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
                      2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

Comment

It all sounds great to me. I'll be there on Friday

Comment

Jeff is there now at site 22, B Loop. He checked with the Crab Shack place around the corner and they have the facilities to accommodate our group with no problem. For new and old Snaggedliners, Jeff said feel free to come by site 22 and introduce yourself.

Comment

Wish I could make this, sounds like it will be fun.

Comment

How did everyone do?

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                              Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Caught two dinks in six hours of fishing- SW winds 15 gusting to 25- lots of loose grass and fish with lock jaw- beautiful place but right now it is a fishing desert- lunch and meeting with new folks was very good...

Comment

Working...
                                X