Potomac smallies between Harper's Ferry & Shepherdstown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac smallies between Harper's Ferry & Shepherdstown

I headed west to the Potomac on an overcast day.I hit up several areas between those 2 towns.
    I cast from shore & from my Outback( minus the Mirage Drive).
    I caught a bunch of smallies to 14". They were jumping like crazy when I hooked them.I was experimenting w/ numerous lures. I especially enjoyed the topwater action when it didnt get hung up on grass. I spoke to some others at the launch & they said they saw some muskies 2 days before( they are fishing all week). I only got rained upon once-around 5 pm. I dried out before I exited the water. Oh, yea... I saw tons of wildlife too. The best part: no bears!

Yes the Potomac is ripe right now. A friend has taken me out the last two weekends. I think I've found my new favorite place to fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm putting up a video tomorrow of me fishing around HF on Sunday. I'll post it here.
      Zack
      Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
      "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

I live just up from Shepardstown, if you ever want anyone to show you around. We do floats some times from Ramp to ramp. There are Muskies around and I've hooked into them many times, just can't seem to keep them on the line for more than three seconds before they saw through my line.
        "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
          I live just up from Shepardstown, if you ever want anyone to show you around. We do floats some times from Ramp to ramp. There are Muskies around and I've hooked into them many times, just can't seem to keep them on the line for more than three seconds before they saw through my line.
          Let me know next time if you don't mind a tag along. I've yet to cross Muskie off my list.

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
            I know of a few spots that are said to hold them, and I know of one good spot that I have seen them at. I'm going to pick up musky fishing again come September so I will PM you when we get a little closer!

Zack
            Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
            Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
            "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

I've seen musky through most of the stretch in Washington County. They seem to be most active, that I have seen, from Snyder's to Shepardstown. A lot of VA guys come up with the bass boats and chase them in that stretch also. A warning though, it's a long hard day of casting large lures with a heavy rod and you're likely to head back home after catching nothing.

I have hooked into them at Taylor's, Snyder's, Shepardstown and Antietam and have never yet landed one. Hooked into them on Tubes, spinnerbaits and cranks and lost every lure to them after about 3 seconds. You don't need large lures to get them, you just stand a better chance with some of the large lures with longer wire shafts and most bass will not hit them that large.

I have not been out much lately, I have lots of irons in the fire with getting back into bow hunting again and other things I need to take care of.
              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Working...
              X