Looking for input in the vicinity of Fredericksburg, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for input in the vicinity of Fredericksburg, VA

Hey all, new guy to the forum here but not to kayak fishing. I've spent years travelling to Mattawoman/Smallwood for bass/snakehead/catfish, with snakehead numbers down this year we're going to stay with friends at Fredricksburg and hit some of those waters.

From where we are it seems we'll have easy access to the Rappahannock, Potomac, and Aquia. We'll be there this coming sunday (8/7) through friday (8/12), any input or recommendations are welcome. I think we're using primarily frogs, chatterbaits, and flukes, although we're fully open to suggestions.

I fish from a pretty rigged up ShadowCaster with a trolling motor mount for when we need to cover distance, deck lights for bowfishing, etc, but this is NOT a boat that excels in rapids and I'd like to avoid them whenever possible.

We intend to target snakehead first and foremost, bass secondarily, and hopefully some cats as well. I think this trip we're more concerned with numbers than size, but beggars can't be choosers.

In particular we're looking for:
    • drop locations (day and night)
    • bait and tackle shops (I can't find a Mann's 1-minus to save my life over here.)
    • spots that may be good for netting/catching baitfish
    • lure recommendations (yeah right!)
    • restaurants
    • ...and anything else you may like to tell us.

Thanks in advance and tight lines! If you ever make it to WV I'd be happy to give you input on these waters over here.
    2016 NuCanoe Pursuit 13.5
    2015 F&S Shadowcaster 12
    2008 Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT 12
    2011 Native Ultimate 14.5
Working...
X