Gunpowder 7/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunpowder 7/24

Been doing very very well on the Gunpowder River lately. This trip ended with around 30 fish between me and my buddy. Largest went 3lbs 8oz. First time using a whopper plopper, if it didn't catch a fish it got a blow up on damn near every single cast! Here's a few of the fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice bucket mouths.....what topwatee lure was that?
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Whopper Plopper, in the smaller version. They are a little pricey but awesome!

Comment

I'll have to take a look....it sure for a whopper

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Nice going!

Comment

Nice work on the bass were you launching out of Dundee or Mariner Point?
            Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Thanks! Mariner point, cross the little strip of land directly in front, and then a 2 mile paddle to days cove

Comment

Nice fish. Nothing better than a good top water bite.
                Was in the days cove area this past Saturday hoping for a good frog bite on the grass flats. Saw all kinda splashing over there on my way and when we got closer we realised it was carp. I'm assuming it was a carp spawn going on cause the entire area was loaded with thousands of thrashing carp on the surface. We paddled through and they were bumping into the yaks there were so many. It was crazy. I think every carp in MD migrated there. Only bad thing was it seemed they scared off all the bass cause only caught one dink all morning.
                2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                2013 Cuda 12

Comment

What kind of frog were you using? I've only had success on a Booyah popper and ribbits there. As far as the carp go, I've seen them there but nothing like you described. That's crazy!

Comment

I was also using the booyah popper and a new live target frog I picked last week.
                    2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                    2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
                    X