Delaware Pond Trifecta 7/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware Pond Trifecta 7/22

After fishing from the rt 50 bridge in OC, MD,all night the night before & getting some things done on the eastern shore in both MD & DE during the day, I met a fishing buddy who recently moved to the First State & we hit up some pond in the evening when it appeared to be cooler in temp...though it was still in the 90s compared to 100 during the day. The beach traffic also dictated when & where we could go. I made it to Lewes to pay a visit to Delaware Paddle Sports. I got there just after Brown Santa had dropped off tons of new stuff. I picked up Hobie's scupper transporter w/ the air-filled skinny tires( they were sold out of beach-wheeled transporters-bummer). We fished the last 2 hrs of daylight. The first 45 mins was bunk funk for me though my former neighbor hooked & lost the battle in lillypads to a beast. Would there be snakeheads here, I wondered? We wanted the topwater bite....but we tossed swimmers too. Then BAM! Now , it's on!!
    From then on we nailed nice fish on topwater frogs, beetle-spins, & chatterbaits. My buddy caught several nice LMbass & a couple pickerel. I caught a dz pickerel, a bunch of LMbass,& a 14" crappie! All our fish were released safely. Why I waited so long to get the scupper-mount transporter for my yak is beyond me.... I was using a big ol' aluminum transporter that was overkill for my yak. I'll be back to that pond if I can remember how to get there.

Glad you where able to catch anything in that blistering heat yesterday. That crappie is beast sized, really surprised it wasn't deep, but in Delaware ponds 8' can be deep. Thanks for a green bass update.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
    X