Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joined the Hobie Family

Hey all,

I've been on the forum now for a couple of years, mostly watching and reading, posting occasionally. Got my first yak at Bass pro 4 years back and had a good time fishing the Susquehanna at Conowingo, however, my heart yearned for a Hobie. I've saved up, switched jobs, and with the wife's blessing(hah!) I bought a 2016 Outback today from Backyard Boats in Annapolis. So excited to get out on it and fish. Have to say the customer service there was fantastic and was very pleased(Dan was very cool). Located in Harford County, but excited to hit some bigger water than my normal launch. Hopefully can meet up with some of you and looking forward to hitting the water!

Good for you.

Hope to see you on the water.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, that hobie will come in handy trolling for stripers in the fall.

Desert Camo- Moken 14
        Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

Was ableto get out today on it for about 45 mins. Launched at Port Deposit around 5. Clouds were looking rough, but the water was glass and I wasn't thinking anything of it. Trolled and got a feel for the kayak until the storm came barrelling down on me. Winds were screaming and whipped up the water something fierce. I was near the islands in the middle and booked it back to the launch. The outback handled it well(I was freaking out) and I can't wait to get out again tomorrow. Not sure where I want to launch!

Comment

Congratulations, Its funny I bought a 2016 outback on Saturday also. I bought mine at Delaware paddle sports.

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
              Congratulations, Its funny I bought a 2016 outback on Saturday also. I bought mine at Delaware paddle sports.
              Congrats to you as well! I almost went there, just didn't want to make that drive(2ish hours from my house). Had to pay the sales tax, however, was very impressed with the service and overall experience at Backyard Boats. Going back Saturday to get my fish finder installed, maybe get a cart. Was thinking of possibly fishing down there in the a.m. beforehand.

Comment

Welcome to the family, Tptman. You won't regret it for a second!

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Welcome to the Hobie Nation-It's going to be a ride

I Love both my Hobies

Yak67
                  2015 Hobie PA-14
                  2016 Hobie Outback LE #217

Comment

TPTMAN which FF did you settle on? I've been looking really hard, haven't pulled the trigger yet, would like to hear your thoughts

Thx

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                      TPTMAN which FF did you settle on? I've been looking really hard, haven't pulled the trigger yet, would like to hear your thoughts

Thx

I believe I got the Lowrence Elite 4X. I got it early last year when it was on sale at Bass Pro. Jury rigged it to my first kayak a couple of times last year and didn't have any complaints with it. I might upgrade to a bigger screen next year

Comment

Best decision I've done I love mine I use it more then my triton

Comment

I had an elite 4x on my old kayak and upgraded to the elite 5 hdi.

Comment

Originally posted by Tptman View Post
                            Congrats to you as well! I almost went there, just didn't want to make that drive(2ish hours from my house). Had to pay the sales tax, however, was very impressed with the service and overall experience at Backyard Boats. Going back Saturday to get my fish finder installed, maybe get a cart. Was thinking of possibly fishing down there in the a.m. beforehand.
                            Delaware paddle sports is the shiz bro love Brian the owner extremely helpful Bought all my kayaks from him

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie angler 25 View Post
                              Delaware paddle sports is the shiz bro love Brian the owner extremely helpful Bought all my kayaks from him

Wasn't saying anything bad about it, just that Annapolis is closer for me! That is great to hear though, I want to do some salt fishing out that way eventually!

Comment

Working...
                              X