Fish Finder Qx.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Finder Qx.

Have a setup question about our fish finders. I run a Lowrance 4X Elite system on my Slayer Propel 10, although my question pertains to any FF. What setting is best to run regarding depth- Automatic or Manual settings. What are the pros and cons of each? What do you use.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

John - I always use the auto depth setting. If I want to focus on the bottom portion, I can zoom in.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks John, I can always count on you for some experience responses. I was just wondering if there is a significant difference between the two setting.
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I think if you are in deep water and want to focus on certain depth ranges, the manual setting gives you more control. For most of the depths in which we fish around here, the auto setting is probably fine.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
        X