Trident line update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident line update

Ocean kayak did a update to the trident line of kayaks. The said the hull of the kayaks stayed the same (but the 13 is a half in narrower). The big upgrade is to the deck. With a new seat, narrower 2 part center hatch, gear tracks, and a paddle park. The 15 now has a rear storage hatch as well. But with these upgrades it comes at a cost and that is weight. The 15 jumps to a heavy 95lbs and the 13 coming in at 76. Here is a picture ocean kayak posted earlier today. Also I saw they finally adjusted the weight capacity of the kayaks the 13 use to say 450 now it's 355, witch I feel is a more accurate number. All in all I like the changes.
    Desert Camo- Moken 14
    Tan- Tarpon 140

Originally posted by FishMoken View Post
    Ocean kayak did a update to the trident line of kayaks. The said the hull of the kayaks stayed the same (but the 13 is a half in narrower). The big upgrade is to the deck. With a new seat, narrower 2 part center hatch, gear tracks, and a paddle park. The 15 now has a rear storage hatch as well. But with these upgrades it comes at a cost and that is weight. The 15 jumps to a heavy 95lbs and the 13 coming in at 76. Here is a picture ocean kayak posted earlier today. Also I saw they finally adjusted the weight capacity of the kayaks the 13 use to say 450 now it's 355, witch I feel is a more accurate number. All in all I like the changes.
    Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.7 Discontinued

After seeing the modifications to the OC Trident 15, I figured it was the death knell for the Ultra series. I called Ocean Kayak and they confirmed that the Ultra's are being discontinued. Shame because I thought the Ultra was outstanding. They have a few left so I might grab one since mine is a few years old. Don’t get me wrong the new Trident 15 looks outstanding and has some great upgrades, but I also see some things that the Ultra 4.7 has that the T15 doesn’t and vice versa but for how I fish the Ultra still works for me.
    Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
    Predator 13

Comment

I know you love ypur ultra.....sad news for you
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
      X