First Yak..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FISHSOHARD View Post
    I really want to fish at the Bay Bridge. I don't know much about fishing there but it sounds like a blast. I watch a guy named Kayak Kevin on YouTube. He fishes it allot and crushes it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    Kayak Kevin does land some amazing fish! If you plan on fishing the bridge it's best on a week day or early in the morning. Always keep your head on a swivel out there...I've had a few issues with boaters not paying attention out there. But there are always people willing to make the trip out too, just make a post and most likely someone will tag along. Tight lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Desert Camo- Moken 14
    Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Smith View Post
      The easiest way to learn the Bay Bridge is to attend the yearly CBKA tournament... a ton of us head there and fish for the day. The CBKA is probably the most fun you will have kayak fishing. There is a meet up the night before, you can stay the night at the launch site, then launch the next morning and fish all day, then at the end of the day there is a nice awards ceremony and more food and drinks... it is really a ton of fun.

Last year I came within a half of placing in the largest Rock fish portion of the contest.. and I SUCK at fishing.
      lol I'm not too sure about going to a tournament. Maybe after I learn the waters better.
      2016 Ascend H12

Comment

Originally posted by Tptman View Post
        I am in abingdon! Welcome!
        Thanks. I might be headed out to fish the train bridge or quarry in Joppatowne tomorrow morning until it gets too hot if ya want to join.
        2016 Ascend H12

Comment

Originally posted by FishMoken View Post
          Kayak Kevin does land some amazing fish! If you plan on fishing the bridge it's best on a week day or early in the morning. Always keep your head on a swivel out there...I've had a few issues with boaters not paying attention out there. But there are always people willing to make the trip out too, just make a post and most likely someone will tag along. Tight lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Awesome. I'm thinking about going out next Saturday in the early morning.
          2016 Ascend H12

Comment

Thanks for the invite. Got house/work duties to take care of in the morning. I might launch somewhere in the afternoon. We will definitely need to fish together!

Comment

lol I'm not too sure about going to a tournament. Maybe after I learn the waters better.
              My first time fishing in the Bay, and my first time fishing from a kayak was at this tournament. A person lent me his spare kayak.. I have been an avid kayak fisherman since.

Please don't be intimidated by the word "trounament". It is really a low key affair and resembles more of a meet and greet than a tournament. It is a meet and greet where they hand out prizes for particular catches. I am glad I went that first year and look forward to it every year. Go to the CBKA site and check it out.. if you want a partner, I will be willing to partner up with you.. or someone else will be happy too as well.. honestly there is around 30 of us that launch from that site and we all paddle up to the bridge together (more or less).
              People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Steve,

I would like to hear how your new yak is working out for you. I hope you've had plenty of opportunities to get out on the water.

Cheers!

Comment

Welcome, I'm also in Fallston

Comment

Tried out my new hitch's carrier. Bought it from Cabelas for $50. Works perfect.

And I took some photos of the decals that I made for my yak. Maybe someone would be interested in a few for themselves. I can make anything you need.

2016 Ascend H12

Comment

Live in Harford Co in Jarrettsville.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikon View Post
                        Live in Harford Co in Jarrettsville.
                        I'm heading out to the Dam this weekend.
                        2016 Ascend H12

Comment

I'm heading out to the Dam this weekend.
                          Haven't been yet. What launch and what time? I was thinking of going down to Mariner Point and paddle over to Days Cove first light Saturday morning to see if I could get any top water bite.

BTW, how did you snag one of the Loch Raven permits? What was the process like?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikon View Post
                            Haven't been yet. What launch and what time? I was thinking of going down to Mariner Point and paddle over to Days Cove first light Saturday morning to see if I could get any top water bite.

BTW, how did you snag one of the Loch Raven permits? What was the process like?
                            If you cross the Dam and turn down the road towards Port Deposit there is a ball field down on the right. I hear you can drop in down there. I've seen the trail just never been there before. I have to record some video for Berkley in the morning and it'll be a great scenery there. You Should come. I'm down to fish Joppatowne in the evening on Saturday though.

The Loch Raven sticker is a SOB to get. I camped out over night to get it a few years ago. I had a flat bottom boat I took out there.
                            2016 Ascend H12

Comment

Can only do the AM on Saturday. What time were you thinking?

Comment

This is my first year for my kayak fishing, actually saltwater fishing as well.... I moved to DE a few years ago due to my employer.... I decided to go for flounders since I was told that it was relatively easy to catch them, but looks like I picked a wrong year for it because I haven't caught any keeper and the report keeps saying how slow it is. Oh well, there is always next year. I usually stick to CHSP or Lewes Canal.

Comment

Working...
                                X