No announcement yet.

Big Hobie iCast Reveal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there are plenty of lighter weight options already out there, you just can't expect to have all the bells and whistles. Take a lighter SOT and add Mirage Drive, storage, and girth, guess what, you have a Hobie.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
      I think there are plenty of lighter weight options already out there, you just can't expect to have all the bells and whistles. Take a lighter SOT and add Mirage Drive, storage, and girth, guess what, you have a Hobie.
      Amen.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
        LOL! That's True! ...but one can dream! LOL
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
          LOL! That's True! ...but one can dream! LOL
          If money is no object you could make a Hobie/Native/whatever hull from carbon fiber, but now we're talking $10K for a freaking kayak! I know, I started some research and realized it was a pipe dream.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

It seems like the Outback might be the cheapest route now for a pedal drive!

Comment

Native Watercraft introduced a new Manta Ray 12 Propel at the I-Cast show. It offers a streamlined hull, several gear tracks, three flush mount rod holders, raised seat, and the Propel Drive. The price point will be lower than either of the current Slayer Propel models and I suspect lower than the Hobie models. I don't have the specs or final retail price yet, but I did see video footage shot at I-Cast showing the new model -- it looks slick.

In the upcoming months Native is likely to introduce considerably lighter pedal-drive models that come out of collaboration with their Hurricane kayak stable mates. I have no details at all about these.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Well.... I'm in the market for a new yak soon. I'll be taking a hard look at all the new boats this fall. I'd sure love a camo outback... But there are exciting new yaks from feel free and wilderness systems

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

For people that only troll from a Hobie, they probably won't care. For those of us that do any sort of freshwater bass fishing or vertical jigging, this is a massive gain. Like Apple, Hobie has proven the ability to anticipate needs before the consumer. Just wait--in two years, 80% of Hobie anglers on here will have upgraded.

Comment

I'll just say that I already have a hobie with reverse (torqueedo) and use it quite a bit. Looking forward to my new yak...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                    X