Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Here

Hi, folks!

My friend Alan Peltzer told me about this web site and forum. He has a boat he uses on the Bay. I have had a kayak for 1.5 years. I've only fished a couple of Maryland reservoirs along with the Potomac and Susquehanna rivers.

I also have a Rockproof jetboat (18.5', 90/65 hp).

I got the kayak for when the rivers are too high, but I'm really enjoying it and sometimes opt to take it out versus taking out the jetboat. So far the most fun I've had is post spawn largemouths and summer smallies. I told Alan that I was looking for more of a challenge for the kayak. I brought up fishing down at the Bay Bridge/Tunnel, but he advised starting out at a smaller scale, like the Chesapeake Bridge.

My kayak is a 14' Jackson Cuda.

20150905_134741.jpg

So, my goal is to get acquainted with this site, learn a bit about fishing bigger water, then do it.

Ed
    14' Jackson Cuda

Welcome to the site. Plenty of people to go fishing with and learn from. Keep an eye out for folks posting up coming trips and join in. The monthly meet and greets are always a good time also.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Welcome another cuda 14 member. Am launch out of Jonas green Pk down by naval academy on Thursday at 7 am if you are avaliable.

Harry

Comment

Nice to have a new member like you! I had a Jon boat with a 25/20 jet and sold it in favor of kayak fishing. I look forward to seeing your posts. I make lots of freshwater reports in that forum here. I'll be focusing on Potomac smallies on the fly until the end of September if the river cooperates!

Comment

Thanks, guys. I will try to make a meet-up. I'd like to try to get out on the eastern shore for perch, blues, etc also.

Cool Susky pic below.

image.jpg
          14' Jackson Cuda

Comment

Hi Ed. I am glad you found the site. Ed and I had some epic days last fall of the Susky. 100+ fish days with lots of quality to go along with the quantity. I started kayak fishing the late 1990s, but mostly fish out of a boat now, after a couple of shoulder surgeries. I still like to take the yak out a few times a year and get up-close and in-tune with the water and fish.
            Last edited by Peltz; 07-13-2016, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Hi Ed, how do you like the Trail Treker cart? I started using one this season.
              Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
              Predator 13

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post
                Hi Ed, how do you like the Trail Treker cart? I started using one this season.
                I love it, Fishtank. It's small enough to lash onto the back of the kayak, it's sturdy, it tracks along if I hit rocks or roots, etc. the guy's web site was a bit of a mess. I reworded and corrected some spelling for him and he gave me a slight discount along with a few small freebies!
                14' Jackson Cuda

Comment

Nice kayak! Do you fish the WSSC reservoirs?
                  Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
                  Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
                  Northern Pike: 24 inches
                  Crappie: 12 inches
                  Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Originally posted by MtAiryEd View Post
                    I love it, Fishtank. It's small enough to lash onto the back of the kayak, it's sturdy, it tracks along if I hit rocks or roots, etc. the guy's web site was a bit of a mess. I reworded and corrected some spelling for him and he gave me a slight discount along with a few small freebies!
                    I agree Ed, I have a graveyard of carts in my basement that I tried and didn't like. Picked up the Trail Treker in the spring. Best one yet.
                    Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
                    Predator 13

Comment

Originally posted by perchy View Post
                      Nice kayak! Do you fish the WSSC reservoirs?
                      I used to a lot more than lately. I fish Triadelphia, mainly. I did okay around post spawn. I've had bad days for bass where I've seen a guy or two get them from out in the middle, chasing suspended LM that must follow the perch or other baitfish around.

Are they lowering Triadelphia this year due to dam work?
                      14' Jackson Cuda

Comment

Originally posted by MtAiryEd View Post
                        I used to a lot more than lately. I fish Triadelphia, mainly. I did okay around post spawn. I've had bad days for bass where I've seen a guy or two get them from out in the middle, chasing suspended LM that must follow the perch or other baitfish around.

Are they lowering Triadelphia this year due to dam work?
                        Welcome Ed! They have been threatening to work on the dam for years. They say that they will close off fishing for years while they do it. This is like the third year they have let water out, but then each year they always let it fill. So, I am not sure.

I guess your best bet is to stop in the office on Triadelphia Rd.

Best Regards,
                        Stan
                        Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Working...
                        X