• River Flyrod Top Water

Nice!
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I was just thinking about using some med/big poppers on the Potomac but I had to miss the meet n great. Need to pick some up at BSP. Did you do better with white or green?
      PigPen - Mt Airy
      Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

The color didn't seem to matter PigPen.

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
          I was just thinking about using some med/big poppers on the Potomac but I had to miss the meet n great. Need to pick some up at BSP. Did you do better with white or green?
          Feeding SM are so aggressive and tuned into to surface commotion that popper color rarely matters. I've used white, yellow, black, green and red -- most with size 4 or size 6 hooks. But if there is a white miller hatch underway, it doesn't hurt to switch to a white bodied popper.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Comment

One problem I'm having is when I'm sitting in my kayak and fishing a popper, I have trouble stripping the popper. I can't pull the fly line very much distance to actually strip the popper very far due to sitting down. When I'm standing up on shore and fly fishing, I can strip the popper a greater distance because I can pull the fly line down a greater distance.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
              One problem I'm having is when I'm sitting in my kayak and fishing a popper, I have trouble stripping the popper. I can't pull the fly line very much distance to actually strip the popper very far due to sitting down. When I'm standing up on shore and fly fishing, I can strip the popper a greater distance because I can pull the fly line down a greater distance.
              If using a floating line just strip line off to side of kayak into water and you should be able to strip fine.

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
                If using a floating line just strip line off to side of kayak into water and you should be able to strip fine.
                Good advice, Harry. That's exactly what I do. It works fine. It's just like dropping the line to the water when you're wading.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Comment

Working...
                X