Crabbing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crabbing...

Thought I would give it a shot. Grabbed a couple crab rings and went for it.
    Ended up getting a few. Anyone else crab out of their kayak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nice looking crab. There are several Snaggedliners who trot line out of their yaks and have developed innovative ways to do it . You can search the forum to find threads and pictures.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice work
      I used 15 open top stackable a couple weeks ago. Caught 20 total. Last two times out though I've run a 600ft snooded trotline. Caught 40 each time. Love me some kayak crabbing!

Comment

Cool.... Maybe next time you can grab a CNR.... Just kidding. Was great fishing with you.
        Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Yea I am going to set up a trot line. I'll be able to cover more water.
          I had six rings set up in a circle and just kept going around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The traps work well too. The trotline was a fun challenge though. Many headaches before I got it right.

Comment

I got out crabbing yesterday for the first time this year. I got about a half bushel. I started using a trotline last year, works great. It is also less work than traps. There are good numbers of crabs out there but not quite as good as it will be by late July, all the way through October. I had to work a bit for them yesterday. I didn't get out until late. With the sun high, alot of crabs were letting go of the line.

IMG_0390.jpg

Comment

Do you find that the crabs can't climb the orange basket as well as a standard bushel basket?

Comment

Trotline is the way to go. I used traps for years, in my sit in kayak. I did well with traps but once I got a Hobie, it was a true game changer. I only run 300' but that is about all I can manage, from a kayak. I plan to get out later this week, for the 1st time this year.12049552_987822544603134_3105795315148298222_n.jpg

Comment

I have had them climb out of the orange baskets too. One got out yesterday and over the side. It is not that often though.

Comment

Working...
                    X