Bay Bridge Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge Saturday

I'll be launching from eastern shore in the morning. Throwing it out there if anyone else is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Jon
    Revo 13

FYI

This was posted on Tidalfish.

"If you are planning on using Sandy Point and / or fishing around or north of bridge - you have few things to be aware of.

# 1 - Waterman's Tournament is Fri / Sat / Sun. - Boats are not allowed south of bridge - so often area just north of it gets crowded.

Boats in this tournament must fly a flag - not sure what color though.

# 2 - On Sunday from about 9 am until noon - is the bay bridge swim. This one affects an area roughly 1/4 mile north and south of bridge. The swimmers leave Sandy Point beach and swim on an ESE course - going through pilings roughly main channel - coming out on small beach just south of bridge on eastern shore."
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Ugh that stinks. Hmm, might switch it up then. Thank you!!

-Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

I've never heard of a tournament being able to close public waters. If true ironic that it's happening on the Maryland free fishing weekend.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

And it's free fishing weekend. Man... Definitely launching on the east side

-Jon
          Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
            I've never heard of a tournament being able to close public waters. If true ironic that it's happening on the Maryland free fishing weekend.
            I think the idea is the tournament boats themselves are not allowed south of the bridge, ie a boundary for the tournament itself.

Not that you couldn't fish north of the bridge but it might be crowded.

Comment

Bay Bridge Saturday

I think conditions kept some people off the water. It was sporty for sure. A few sets of swells were even up to my chest. fishing was rough as well. I wish I could have figured out what the deal was but just couldn't find any willing to bite. I even had worms for spot or Perch.

Managed one dink striper to keep off the skunk, but I snagged him while jigging. I'll just keep reminding myself that counts.

This was my first time launching from terrapin. It's a pretty nice park. Neat little beach that fills up late morning.

Side note, Pretty sure I got broke off by a small blue. So they're in the area.

Last edited by jsnyd86; 06-11-2016, 10:08 PM.
              -Jon
              Revo 13

Comment

Working...
              X